Potential Group Buy - Custom HVAC Panels

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Potential Group Buy - Custom HVAC Panels

Post by Nallboy »

Alright, I haven't talked to anyone on here about getting a GB together yet. This is kinda testing the water. I would love to have a custom HVAC panel to match some custom gauges. For some background: the guys at speedhut have been sending us back a generic email saying that they might make a custom panel for us one day. Well, hopefully that day will come soon. I sent them this email just a few minutes ago:

Speedhut Sales Department:

I am an involved member of Mx-3.com, an online forum for Mazda Mx-3 owners, and many of us are wondering what it would take to get a group buy together for some - customizable - HVAC panels for our cars. You have the HVAC panels available in only blue on white; we were considering something like blue or red on silver, etc. I personally have been waiting to buy custom gauges until I can get a custom HVAC panel to match. I am certain that many of us who would take part in such a group buy would be interested in a full set of gauges as well; I believe a package with both custom gauges and matching HVAC panel would draw a great number of buyers. If a custom HVAC panel (and/or a package with the gauges) is possible, please let me know the minimum number of people we would need for a group buy of this sort to take place. My e-mail address is:
Nallboy@bellsouth.net
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
John Nall

So... hopefully I'll get a response from them soon, but I really need to know how many would be in on something like this. Post with your email address but only if you're serious about it. Let's get it going!
Last edited by Nallboy on April 13th, 2005, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

id be interested depending on cost.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

sure. i might be going all digital down the line but some nice new gauges and matching hvac for now would be nice. count me in for at least the hvac.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Here's their response, came rather quickly I might add:

Hi John,

If we can get 15 people to preorder custom HVAC panels for the MX3 we will go ahead and tool them up. We will not need a cluster because we alreadyhave one.

If your group is interested in this, please call in orders at 801.796.1460,
ext. 110.

Thanks,
Speedhut.com team

:2thumbsup:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

such panels were made before (by speedhut i think, not entirely sure). i have one on mine, and they do look nice with the white gauge faces. if you haven't already, i'd suggest taking a look through the forums for them. i believe that buy was done about a year ago, give or take a month or two or so. if it was speedhut i would think they could use the same tooling, if it was someone else, it would probably be cheaper to go with them. i remember there being some pictures of the template in the thread before, though that may have gotten messed up in the transfer.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Yeah, this is speedhut, but the prob is that the HVACs they have now only come in the blue on white. I'd like to have a silver background, and some others surely will want something to go with their own scheme. This is all about getting them to make an interchangeable template.
I'm assuming that the price will be the same as the original since they didn't specify, but they just got another email asking about it. It's $29.95 and... well, here's a link:
http://www.speedhut.com/accessory_detai ... NUMBER=431
If you haven't checked out their gauge customizing thingy yet, you really should. They can make your stuff totally unique.
I really hope 15 of us will step up to this because I really want one!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

i'm in for silver background w/ blue lights!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

I'll have to think about the color combos, but I'll most likely be in.
No more MX-3.
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

I am in too
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

will they make km/h?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

fry_81 wrote:will they make km/h?
:lol: . this is for the hvac panel, but yes speedhut.com does make customizable kph gauges. you get to choose basically everthing from font to light color to color of the gauges. hell you can even put any graphic you want on them. :D

can't remember cost, but i think they're around $100.

btw, i'm definitely in for the panels. silver with red light would be my choice.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

This is very cool, I am going to sit in the car and see what combination will work for me
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Yeah, guys. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm sure we can get fifteen people together. Right now I'm waiting for the final price from Speedhut and for permission to open this under the GB section. There will probably be a donation of $5 or so to Mx-3.com included in the price. I think that's how it works, and it's something we all need to do anyways. I'll be making a list of those interested and those in it for sure when I can post there.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

HAHAH good thing I brought up these HVAC panels in the first place lol, it evolved to a growing GB, good job Nallboy. Hey, do u guys know if the regular panels change color from blue to green?
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Sadly, my HVAC panel is of the push-button style instead of the slider bars. I don't think they would be able to do anything for those of us that have the buttons. :cry:

Return to “Appearance”