worst fitment EVER

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jaschke

worst fitment EVER

Post by jaschke »

i would just like to say
that after trying to fit my drift rear bumper
that it is the worst fitting thing ive ever seen in my life
seems like there is no possible way to get that on there
there is like a 2 inch gap between where the hatch and bumper should line up

i'm screwed!
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Post up a pic of it. I'm sure somebody can guide you in the proper way to fit it.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

these drift kits are bad news it seems. every person ive heard of so far putting on a drift kit says the fitment is beyond bad.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
jaschke

Post by jaschke »

i had to take the bumper off since i couldnt get it to stay on properly. i will post pics when i try again possibly tomorrow. the fenders match up but the hatch sags so low. *sigh*

ill be sure to post some pictures tomorrow, maybe someone will have some good tips when they can see it

-Laura
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

fry_81 wrote:these drift kits are bad news it seems. every person ive heard of so far putting on a drift kit says the fitment is beyond bad.
I swear I told you all that this drift kit looked funky, and kinda crappy in like december or somethin' I'm not bein' an a-hole or any thing just wanted to agree about the poor fitment issues. 8)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Bling Bling

Worst Fit ever

Post by Bling Bling »

I have the whole kit but was wondering what to do with the back. The front took 14 hours to get finished. I think I'll put the sides on but change out the back. :roll:
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
jaschke

Post by jaschke »

the only thing i can think of to do is recreate where it meets up with the quarter panel with fibreglass
build it up so it fits
i dont even know *sigh*
anyone wanna buy a drift rear?? lol
just kiddin
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I was so close to buying that kit, but I am going in a different direction, but even if I would have bought it, I would not have installed the rear. Honestly I think it is hideous, maybe it's a sign that it doesn't want to go on.

Anyways, I would love to see everything done, so please post pics, especially if you get it to fit. Maybe I don't like the rear end because I have never seen a real good pic?
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

wickedmx3 wrote:
Anyways, I would love to see everything done, so please post pics, especially if you get it to fit. Maybe I don't like the rear end because I have never seen a real good pic?
see this post, its pretty damn colse...
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=40417
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
jaschke

Post by jaschke »

well worst case scenario i will sell it to someone who wants it as a project bumper or something. i am gonna take it to my "body-guy" and see what they have to say about it.. see if its worth the time and effort (And not to mention...dollars) to get it on.

i will post pictures of the car in its progress once all the sanding and priming has been finished (so in a few days)

:) and yes the drift rear looks sketchy when its not painted.. but it is hot!

- Laura
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Ive told this to a number of people, but they insist on paying the bargain prices. These kits are made in God knows where with 0 prefitment. Just cut copy and paste.

Right away I saw that the Drift front bumper was missing the upper lip which is sandwiched between the upper support. Those that have done a bumper swap know what i am referring to.

If one of our Pakfeifer Kits costs $2000+ there is a reason for this; IT IS OEM QUALITY FITMENT GUARANTEED! Our kits have dam brackets fused right into the bumper, you will not find that on any other kit.

Anyone who has spent the extra money on an authentic Pakfeifer Kit will have saved in the end not having to dish out on the installation and prep work required for these other cheap a-- kits.

Right Chasing Size(Evan) ??

In the end you get what you pay for, I cannot emphasize this enough.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

hay wicked are you going to sell your ms front?
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

We all wish that every syle of body kit that has been designed for the MX-3 would come with the quality of Pakfeifer, the price sometimes is just hard to bear.

That is a nice car that is showing your MS front bumper on your site, looks familiar.

and, the answer to your question, Luis...I don't know. We have already made the decision that we will be swapping the front bumper (3rd time), the side skirt and then swap the color again. But I dont know if we are keeping the MS bumper as a back up. In either case, we would not be doing all this right away, it's a work in progress.
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

Oscar Evan is selling his Drift Kit he also said it was a pain to fit not to direspect u or anything.
jaschke

Post by jaschke »

sold to me!! the lucky buyer :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

woo woo!!!!

Return to “Appearance”