Hatch Wont Close

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
93_4Banger

Hatch Wont Close

Post by 93_4Banger »

Ok heres the deal my HATCH wont close, i can still drive but the thing is it has no seal and is probly not safe when open so if someone knows what the deal is tell me.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

check the latch??
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Try slamming it really REALLY hard.

If that doesn't work, you chould try to lay the hatch down on the back of the car (almost closed) and then take a 5lb hammer and bang on the glass until it closes.

:o
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Hmm. Did you try putting some rust check or something in there? How about pulling on the remote release on the inside a couple of times.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

mmmmm, mine has problems closing but always does after a few tries.. and it says in the manual, never to slam them really hard!!

I find pushing on it hard, but not slamming it down fast works well.. hard to explain though, :lol:
1997, Silver, V6
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Check the hatch latch for normal operation. If it's binding or anything like that, try hitting the latch with some good spray on silicone... make sure you hit both the part on the car and where the key is in the hatch. Then put your key in the hole and just turn it a few times to get the lube circulated, and pull the latch release by your seat a few time to do the same.

While you have it out, hit your door hinges and such... anything that moves that isn't in your engine bay. Man it makes such a difference if you do it about every six months.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

if all else fails buy some bungee cords
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

thanx guys i got it to work consistently

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”