FX design Front lip

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Legato626

FX design Front lip

Post by Legato626 »

I was wondering is there a good place to get this lip at a far price?

http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/Mazda%20 ... 20Chin.jpg
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

the website on the picture. I guess that lip bolts onto the stock bumper...hmm.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: FX design Front lip

Post by jschrauwen »

Legato626 wrote:I was wondering is there a good place to get this lip at a far price?
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/Mazda%20 ... 20Chin.jpg
Combat Chin Spoiler from FX Designs in Edmonton. Comes in black gelcoat fiberglass. Two-way tape and a couple of screws is all that they provide for mounting. The fit is not perfect and will require a little masaging. Cost - spoiler, taxes and delivery to Ontario - $404.46 cdn. The picture is of boodogs MX (Carter) from Nova Scotia. And yes, I have one too. Picking it up from the paint shop on Saturday. The price is what it is. They (FX) are the only ones I know that make that specific chin spoiler. Hope this helps.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ya, i got bored and searched around, FX is the only company that makes this type of lip. Anything else and you would have to get a front kit...
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

Seeing as that picture is of my car, I will tell you

this is only place currently making it.

now to mount it, best way i found is 2 bolts either side and use an eurathane paste for where the lip sits on the current bumper in the middle if that makes sense. Might when you get the lip in your hands but

(-) <---- bad idea of your bumper I know but where the '-' is you'll hafta have it mounted there as well or it will make a hell of noise. I mean if you have a good body shop do it they will prob mold it in for you at a cost of course. I had mine painted and mounted myself.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

do ut hink it was worth the money? I am thinking about getting one, but for abit for you could get some otehr kit, but I kinda like the lip idea.
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

I ordered my lip to be different. Anyone I know with mx3 really has combat front wanted to be a bit different from rest
userAttila19

Post by userAttila19 »

Hello. Did'nt understand what you said was the price you paid for the front lip ($404.00 ?). Also, is that your stock bumper with the lip attached?
BTW: Your car looks really sweet.
No time to slow down. 1995 MX-3 GS http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/566272
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

He said it came to 404$ shipped to his location, it also replaces the v6 lip on the stock bumper, will work on the 4 cyl bumper too :D
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

BoOdOg wrote:Seeing as that picture is of my car, I will tell you this is only place currently making it. now to mount it, best way i found is 2 bolts either side and use an eurathane paste for where the lip sits on the current bumper in the middle if that makes sense. Might when you get the lip in your hands but
(-) <---- bad idea of your bumper I know but where the '-' is you'll hafta have it mounted there as well or it will make a hell of noise. I mean if you have a good body shop do it they will prob mold it in for you at a cost of course. I had mine painted and mounted myself.
Just finished mounting it. This is definitely not a quality fit at all, especially for a fiberglass piece that size and at that price. The edges that hook around the fender do not follow the fender contour. There are gaps that run along the tope edge from the fender to the front openning. The "tougue" part that rests on the lower lip of the front grill does not sit flush and actually takes away from the overall scheme. I'm having second thoughts here and may just put the original GS lip back on. Perhaps some of my annoyance is that my car is white and any little gap in something like this just stands right out. An inherent problem for light coloured cars I would imagine.
Carter, having a black car may help in obscuring these detractors.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
userAttila19

Post by userAttila19 »

Do you have any pics of the lip installed?
No time to slow down. 1995 MX-3 GS http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/566272

Return to “Appearance”