cv joint? problem

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
fender bent

cv joint? problem

Post by fender bent »

i have had clicking whenever i turn right while accelerating. now any knowledgable person knows that theres a problem with the cv joint. so since its easier replacing the right axle alltogether, we did that. but the clicking is still there! its driving me crazy. im only 16 so there must be something i dont know about thats causing this problem. please help.<P>---------------------------------------------<BR>baby rocket red 92 gs. w/ braman exhaust
92 1.8L V-6 red baby rocket
RanMan

Re: cv joint? problem

Post by RanMan »

When replacing CV joints, most people replace BOTH. They are not that expensive. Chances are that your LEFT one is also clicking. I had BOTH of mine replaced for $203.04 (TOTAL...including labor and tax).
fender bent

Post by fender bent »

i had the other cv joint checked and it was not cracked.
antwawn

Post by antwawn »

did u lower your car...when i lowered mine the joints started to click..and it have not stopeed since
ddmalcore

Post by ddmalcore »

the cv joint doesnt need to be cracked to make noise, more likely missing teeth. have that checked. otherwise it could be the differential, maybe even the clutch release bearing. just bring it into a place that does free estimates.
raychan

Post by raychan »

I have the same cv joint problem too, i didn't realize it until the person who did the oil and filter change for me. and he told me that i should have the cv joint replace asap, since if it breaks, my car will break down and have it tow to the garage.<BR>I don't know too much about car fixing, so can anyone help me? Is the problem that serious and i need to have it replaced asap?<BR>Thanks a lot.<P>Raymond<BR>93' GS
Pallor

Post by Pallor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raychan:<BR><STRONG>I have the same cv joint problem too, i didn't realize it until the person who did the oil and filter change for me. and he told me that i should have the cv joint replace asap, since if it breaks, my car will break down and have it tow to the garage.<BR>I don't know too much about car fixing, so can anyone help me? Is the problem that serious and i need to have it replaced asap?<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I just had my LF axle replaced because of my torn cv boot joint. This is the third time I have replaced these on my car since I got it in 95. When the Mazda dealer did both axles it cost $1200. When I just took it to my local garage, it cost me $200 for the LF to be done. Thats including labor and parts. The part itself, the axle was about $135. To get the cv boot yourself its about $90. If the car is making noise and you are leaking grease, you will probably need a new axle.<P>There is a thread about boot joints and axles in the v6 forum. You can read it <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 5&t=000237" TARGET=_blank>here</A><P>- Meg
------------
Pallor
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE 1.8L V6 DOHC Raspberry | 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 3.0L V6 DOHC Glacier Silver
raychan

Post by raychan »

Pallor (Meg), <BR>thanks a lot for your helping, i'll take my car to a local garage to see how much they'll charge me.<BR>Thanks again.<P>Raymond<BR>93' GS :D
fender bent

Post by fender bent »

hey i found on mazdasurplus.com that you can get both cv shafts for 25$. there has got to be an aftermarket cv kit to keep it from cracking.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”