weird scratching noise from passenger wheel

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

weird scratching noise from passenger wheel

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok. at first i tought it may be the clutchj sitting...I even cut the mud guards off because i tought they were scratching.. when im going dtraing in 1st gear and 2 nd i hear a scraping noise...wth... now as I accelerate and turn left..nop noise.. only when straight. Also i hear grinding as car jumps up and down in bumps (only while accelerating) I checked the shaft..not rubbing its clean..no scratches..brakes are good strut is not running in tire tires not rubing. Only whenI accelerate..when i am deccelerating no grinding..also in 3rd 4rth is less noticable and 5th no noise...wth o.0 so can it be a defective shaft? its new... bearings? they seem in good condition..Im at a loss for words.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Looks like a bearing problem to me. They will usually only make noise when NOT under load. Like coasting or going around a corner.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thanks imma replace it :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh wait...then if its the bearing..why does it sometimes go away and comes back when lets say the strut goes down and up o.0 also its a scratching noise but well ill still replace it.
-hec

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

when the strut moves it puts pressure on the bearing therefore forcing it to pull together, it is worn should proly replace it.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Any pressure like that will make the noise go away. It's under load when the strut is going up. If you're going around a turn and the offending corner of the car is on the outside, the noise should quiet down because there is extra weight on it. If that corner is on the inside, it should start making noise again because weight is being removed.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

How much do front bearings go for???, I need a front left one.
R.I.P Dimes

Fool me once, shame on you!!!, fool me twice...shame on me!!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

crap i think the shop rebuilt the shaft but i did notice it was sorta grinded from the side where it goes to the bearing..hence i might have to buy a new cv shaft and bearing.. the bearings..sheesh last time i tried doing one on a maxima..needed a special tool..ended up going to a scrap yard and got the whole thing off for 25 dlls. I think ill do this to the mx3.
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”