Ignition??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Redlined

Ignition??

Post by Redlined »

Ok this question is about one of the few car related things i know NOTHING about. lol. Ok you know when you start your car I guess you would call it the ignition... it makes that sound before the car starts. Easier to recognize for say the sound when a honda is started all the civics have the same sound well say. I cant explain this very well lol. But someone must catch my drift. Anyway my car sounds like an old god damn chevy truck lol. Its slow and ugly sounding when it starts and sometimes im worried if it will start by the sound of the slow turning over noise. Can I fix that or what? Like can I get one of those MSD ignition box things or is that completely unrelated and if so where can I get these magical devices so my car doesnt sound so romper? lol :?
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Have you had your battery checked? If not take it to a local auto parts store & have them check it for you.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

If the battery is ok the only other thing it could be is your starter motor. I'd say this is more likely as if your battery can't turn over these engines easily it would show other symptoms as well.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
95_mx3

Post by 95_mx3 »

I had exact same problem before. When I turned the key, it sounded bad and took longer than usual to start the car. It DID sound like "Old Chevy Truck." The problem was '-' side connection was loose on my battery. After I tighten that up, car started right away.

I've had my MX-3 for 10 years now and I've been replacing battery every 2 years. No exceptions!!! When it's about time to replace battery, same thing happens. Sounds terrible and took longer than usual. Take your battery to local auto parts store, they can run a diagnose for free. When they check your battery, it'll take a half an hour or so. So be prepare for that.
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

Alright thanx ill check that out and let you all know! thanx everyone! so what about the msd ignition box anyway is that a hunk of crap or does it work or is it even made for the car or what?
thanx!
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

So can someone tell me if I can get an msd ignition for my 94 rs?? if so where??? thanx !

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”