help w/ Tokico and Dropzone Coilovers *LOTS OF PICS*

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
lcf666

help w/ Tokico and Dropzone Coilovers *LOTS OF PICS*

Post by lcf666 »

Hi all, I just came from a workshop that tune cars. They couldnt put my new tokico/dropzone coilovers.

Just a little background: I live in the sud of France so there are very few workshops and japanese cars. I bought on ebay a set of Tokico Blue Struts and Dropzone Coilovers. I had been reading on the forum that almost everyone says dropzone is no good and with those struts the car will be too stiff.

So, please I need someone to tell me how to put the tokico and dropzone coilovers with more details. I will post detailed pictures later.

Thanks
Last edited by lcf666 on March 30th, 2005, 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rasheedn

Post by rasheedn »

lcf666

Post by lcf666 »

Workshop complaint about how to mount the coilover on the tokico base, that it looks like its not prepared for this coilover:

here are the pics:

this is the strut:

First Question: Notice that there is 2 type of aluminium nut. Which one do I have to put down?

Aluminium Nut Number 1?
Or Aluminium Nut Number 2?

Besides, I now this hole is to put that screw, but this hold tight alumiun nut number 1 or 2?

Another Q: What are this for:

I know that one rubber goes here:
then like this:
and then another rubber and the cap:

This are the instructions that came with the coilovers:
http://www.dynamicautodesign.com/coin.htm

rasheedn, thanks for the link, but I have coilovers. :(.

thanks to all for a quick response.
lcf666

Post by lcf666 »

all the pics works fine now.

please help me! thanks. :)
lcf666

Post by lcf666 »

The most important question I have is: Does this alumiun part can support all the weight of the car standing only over this 2 point???. (look the arrows)

picture from one side

picture from the other side
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

thats as good as it is going to sit. Thats what happens when you buy generic sleeve-type coilovers for 80 dollars.

That is also why they will clunk like crap when you turn around corners or hit low-speed bumps, the sleeves shift at the base & cause the spring to pop in and out of the sleeve.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

You've got the nuts all wrong. You need to flip that threaded piece over. The sleeve on nut #2 fits on the inside of the spring. You adjust nut #2 up or down to get the desired ride height. Then you use nut #1 to lock it in place. So nut #1 & 2 should be tightened up against each other.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
lcf666

Post by lcf666 »

thanks to all
Legato626

coilovers evil!!!

Post by Legato626 »

ok coilovers that arent connected to the strut are bad i mean BAD. They will kill your suspension, if you got coilovers that are connected to the strut you know the $1500 ones ya thoes are sweet but the ones that arent connect the the strut are crap, ever think how they will move when you turn, just think about it a little. your better off just geting a nice set of lowering springs for your car and dont wast the money on coilovers. And plus the ride on your car is so bumpy becuase the coilovers move around. How do you think the strut feels when the spring is moveing around and the strut is doing all the work. I dont no about you man but tokico struts arent cheap for are cars.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”