How much should 01-03 civic projectors cost?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

lucky me , I got mine for free ...they were gonna be trashed due to a few scratches at the bodyshop where I work so I kept them and test fitted and later installed them to my mx-3 and that is how this whole Civic Projector deal came about :wink:
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

So why hate the 01-03 Civic Projectors again?
They look very damn nice on a MX3 and are great for the budget and time.

Sure they were made for a Civic, but most people dont notice that.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

Heh, once mine are installed, I'll tell people they're from a different car...just won't admit it's a Civic. 8)

From Ebay, my 01-03 angel-eye projectors were $135 including shipping.
'95 RS: RIP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Not only did I jack Juan's thread, but I really stirred up a bee's nest. Never meant it to evolve like that, but sure inspired some strong and perhaps emotional responses, which is good. It gives way to some well delivered reasoning and rationale leading to some thought provoking questions and ideas. Stimulating responses are a good thing. Think a separate thread on this issue is worthwhile?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

I think the question is: why hijack his thread to pimp your product? Not very subtle, and a bit of a backhanded insult to everyone who has, or wants, Civic lights. I mean it's not like you weren't obvious with the 'civics suck, buy my lights' sales pitch at all...
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Chronicle-Rod wrote:I think the question is: why hijack his thread to pimp your product? Not very subtle, and a bit of a backhanded insult to everyone who has, or wants, Civic lights. I mean it's not like you weren't obvious with the 'civics suck, buy my lights' sales pitch at all...
Chronicle-Rod wrote:I like the look of the civic lights. Why is it such a big deal to you? Oh, never mind...people buying them aren't buying yours.

Rod; It appears that you're quite stimulated by all of this. I did appologise to Juan for the jacking. It's not my "product", I don't have a "product", don't believe I'll get a "product" and I'm not selling any "product". I'm looking at modifying "our" headlights. I am in the process of trying to improve upon my poor lighting situation. In doing so, the research has revealed some incredible findings and possibilities. It appears you may not have caught the spirit of intent here. It was intended for those who were in the prospects of or are comtemplating the possibilities of improving their lighting situation also. There is absolutely nothing wrong with those that have done a civic conversion or are going to embark on one. The spirit and intent was awareness! To give those the opportunity to discover other options, other avenues, or possibilities. Giving the individual an insight as to what's available, what others have done or are doing to improve their lighting issues. These are the things I speak of. If you have taken away more than that, then perhaps it may be worthwhile to ask youself why.
No malice was ever intended or directed at the civic convertees or prospects and I don't believe that any terms, words or references as you describe were ever used. I believe that to be your interpretation of my analogy and I'm sorry you see it that way. Be content in knowing that you are currently driving with much better lighting than I.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

jschrauwen wrote:
Chronicle-Rod wrote:I think the question is: why hijack his thread to pimp your product? Not very subtle, and a bit of a backhanded insult to everyone who has, or wants, Civic lights. I mean it's not like you weren't obvious with the 'civics suck, buy my lights' sales pitch at all...
Chronicle-Rod wrote:I like the look of the civic lights. Why is it such a big deal to you? Oh, never mind...people buying them aren't buying yours.

Rod; It appears that you're quite stimulated by all of this. I did appologise to Juan for the jacking. It's not my "product", I don't have a "product", don't believe I'll get a "product" and I'm not selling any "product". I'm looking at modifying "our" headlights. I am in the process of trying to improve upon my poor lighting situation. In doing so, the research has revealed some incredible findings and possibilities. It appears you may not have caught the spirit of intent here. It was intended for those who were in the prospects of or are comtemplating the possibilities of improving their lighting situation also. There is absolutely nothing wrong with those that have done a civic conversion or are going to embark on one. The spirit and intent was awareness! To give those the opportunity to discover other options, other avenues, or possibilities. Giving the individual an insight as to what's available, what others have done or are doing to improve their lighting issues. These are the things I speak of. If you have taken away more than that, then perhaps it may be worthwhile to ask youself why.
No malice was ever intended or directed at the civic convertees or prospects and I don't believe that any terms, words or references as you describe were ever used. I believe that to be your interpretation of my analogy and I'm sorry you see it that way. Be content in knowing that you are currently driving with much better lighting than I.
Its all good
I dont care that the thread got Hijacked
If anything, we need more people doing this kind of stuff in threads because opinions help.
You did make a good point and I will think about modding my stock headlights instead of having to do all that work with Civic projectors.

So thanks for your opinion
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”