Fitting Vett Shocks & Struts to an MX

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
SE-Man

Fitting Vett Shocks & Struts to an MX

Post by SE-Man »

I happen to have a set of GT-R vett racing shocks & struts falling into my hands. Has anyone seen any simularities in MX-3 & vett shocks & struts? I don't know the exact year, I've not seen them yet, my dad is sending them to me. I'd like to put them on the mx if their would be a performance value. Any good input would be valueble
Thanks.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i doubt it
but good luck.

you could custom fit them thats probably your only option.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

yea.... I figured as much. I know they have some sorta roll dampener built in, and have to install a center resivour. I'll see what I can do when I get them.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Got them last week, looks doable, does the lower sleav come off our shocks? (the part that bolts onto the the stering knuckle and the strut slides into)
THX
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Considering the MX-3 weighs about 1,000lbs less than a vette it would be a bad idea to put those on even if the fit. The spring and damper rates will be way to high. It will be like driving with no suspension, just solid rods for shocks. Also the weight bias of the vette is completely different so the frontto rear spring rate difference will be way off also.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

The running weight for these shocks are actually less that the stock vette. From what my dad had said the Vette these were going to go on only weight about 2500lbs. I'll give it a try, worst that could happen is I put on new ones, I alreay blew out my right front strut, it now sits lower and bottoms out when i hit a bum, so I have to buy new ones any ways.

Their smaller than the stock Vette system, and only about an inch smaller than the MX3, so it will likely lower the car too.

Anyone know if its safe to weild on the outside of the strut?
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

SE-Man wrote: it now sits lower and bottoms out when i hit a bum,
Hey bums are people too! Do you drive up on the sidewalk to hit them or do you wait til they cross the street with their shopping cart?
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

LMAO, I ment bump.
HAHHAAAA! now thats funny.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

ROFLMAO!!! :lol:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

don't all the vettes from the C4 up have double wishbone suspension front & rear?

if so...how exactly do you plan on converting them to struts to fit a tiny import car?

got pics?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”