Sylvania Silverstars

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
sheller

Post by sheller »

I had a set of Silverstars too. They are brighter but I had both bulbs go out within a year. That's not acceptable to me so I'm back with the stock ones.
Steve
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Gro Harlem wrote:I just ordered some REAL silverstar bulbs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

I'll let you all know how amazingly awesome they are w/the 60/55 wattage :)
REAL silverstars? I didnt even know there was fakes
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

those are osram silverstars, not sylvania, they are supposed to be better
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

papa roached wrote:those are osram silverstars, not sylvania, they are supposed to be better
Papa - I concur, and I believe our illumination expert (Taras) will agree also.

Gro - ebay link says it's an H4 bulb - are you running J or E Spec lights, cause that's what I'm running also?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

got & received them this weekend. Installed em yesterday.

Drove today, but sun was going down when I stopped driving so I didn't get to test them out but the lighting seemed more evenly spread from what I could tell, but also looked more "nasty yellow" than the sylvania silverstars I had (9004) before I put the e-spec headlights in.

But hell if i know, i still haven't driven with 100% darkness so maybe they are a white/bluish tint when the sun isn't projecting an orange sky.

I"ll let you guys know how they are when I drive at night w/em.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mx3tuner

Post by mx3tuner »

I have the GTS black headlight covers and it is impossible to even tell if the headlights are on at night with them....You guys think that the silverstars would allow me to see the road at night while still keeping my headlight covers?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3tuner wrote:I have the GTS black headlight covers and it is impossible to even tell if the headlights are on at night with them....You guys think that the silverstars would allow me to see the road at night while still keeping my headlight covers?
Can't believe you are willing to sacrifice visibility and safety for the sake of BLING. If it's for protecting the headlights from stones and the like, then get clear GTS covers.
Sorry, couldn't hold back.........."as the moderators march in and carry me away".
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”