Trade: 93 GS(KLZE) for 94 RS(stock)

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
zevirii

Trade: 93 GS(KLZE) for 94 RS(stock)

Post by zevirii »

Just seeing if there is any interest??

I have a 1993 GS Special edition(leather)KLZE with 160,000 on body. Did swap to KLZE at 148,000. I am now driving 125 miles a day to work and need a economy car, but love the mx-3. Just want to see if anyone has a 1994 RS no running problems and good mpg stock/no mods, with a sunroof if possible, that might want to do a straight up trade?? Not totally sure I want to do this, but if I see the right car then we will see...

ACT Stage II Clutch
Adjustable FPR
Walbro 190 Fuel pump
17" Rims New tires(less than 5k miles on them)
Cold air intake
Strut Tower bars(front&back)
B&M Short Shifter
Tons of misc parts + K8 motor if wanted.
Driver side window motor was replaced by mazda

Car has a unkown issue:(working on it)

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=39183
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Man if you were in the seattle area I would jump on this.. I have a 94 RS.. just finished a head job on it.. 1.6L DOHC.. only down side to the car is the ATX trans.. planning to swap in a 5 speed later this summer.. But for a GS SE car.. man I would trade my RS and you could have my subaru too LOL

Tunes67
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

if you wanna part out/trade interiors with me, i'll pay a good amount, since getting it all reupholstered costs big bucks anyway
bigrich12

Yeah

Post by bigrich12 »

I have a 1994 mx3. It has 130,000 on body. Right now my dad is changing out te clutch, so it would be new. I don't know if it is RS, because it has no emblems. It is in good condition for the mileage. The only mod is my system which sounds pretty good. I would be down to switch, where do you live. I'm in colorado, but I would drive to do the trade if you were down.
1994 Mx3 custom system with 2 JBL 10's, alpine head unit, and memphis highs.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

GS=6cyl RS=4cyl 8)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Go count your spark plugs :roll:
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
bigrich12

ok

Post by bigrich12 »

yeah i got an RS. after my clutch is in i would be willing to come to texas to trade.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Got any pics of the car:

Exterior
Interior
Engine
Trunk
Tires
Dash

No mods at all on this car right? Original owner? Any rust(salt from roads)? Underbody straight? Burn oil? Time belt/water pump last changed? Valve covers leaking(oil in spark wells)? Cloth interior? Sun roof? Glass, any cracks? Windows power or roll up? Was stereo installed by you or a shop(cut factory wires)? Tires how many miles on them? Regular maintence? Manual or auto?

Sorry for all the questions, just need a really reliable car.
bigrich12

Hey

Post by bigrich12 »

No pics, but when clutch is installed will get some. No mods to engine or body. Has some paint off from the years and has crack in rear bumper from getting hit at Walmart and driver running. I am the second owner and first owner kept it in good condition. No rust on the body. Under body looks good. Doesn't burn oil. Timing belt or water pump have not been changed, but I have experienced no problems. Has cloth interior and sunroof. Has one crack in the windshield and has power windows. Stereo was installed at a professional shop and sounds great. Tires have less than 1,000 miles on them and it has had regular maintenence and is a manual. I am willing to give an extra grand or so if needed to trade. One question I have for you is if the unknown problem has been fixed or not. I saw the post you had about some TLR or something(can't remember), but has it been fixed?
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

still working on the unknown problem, I will keep you informed. All sounds good, but the paint and bumper worry me alittle... But paint jobs are cheap down here...lol
bigrich12

cool

Post by bigrich12 »

i will replace the bumper if you want me too and some extra money could cover anything else, but when i get my clutch in i will definitely take some pictures and I am totally down for the swap. i've been looking for a GS, but haven't had much luck. I'll just keep you posted and let you know whats going on. I think your car is beautiful and would really like to get it.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Do you happen to know the current MPG your car is getting? Mine gets arround 20 - 25 mpg
bigrich12

nope

Post by bigrich12 »

Don't know, but when i get it back i will let you know. I am going to do a tune-up when i get the car back and it will go up. But all i know right now is that i pay $14 about every week to week and a half. I travel probably about 20 to 40 miles a day going to work, school, and back home. After the tune-up it will go up.
bigrich12

Hey

Post by bigrich12 »

My clutch will be done in a week or so. Couldn't get a hold of you so I was wondering what was up with the trade?????
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Sorry I haven't got back to you, been really busy lately. About the trade:

The main reason I was wanting to trade was because my engine wasn't running very well due to the know issue in the other post I linked. This problem was fixed with "Coolant Temp Sensor". Now I am more hesitent to trade. Now this doesn't mean I won't trade, but it just has to be a fair deal. My car has had ALOT of money put into, and I want a car that I can count on for alot more mileage. So first I need pics of the car inside and out. Rust is a major concern for me since your car is from colorado. I would hate for us to meet only to find out your car is not up to my standards. Also try to get a actuall MPG for me.. I hate guesses.. My car had 21mpg & 25 mpg the last 2 tanks. Not tring to be to pushy, I just have alot of car I am thinking of giving up.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”