Tranny Problem

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
msbmx3

Tranny Problem

Post by msbmx3 »

I got a 94rs dohc. Tranny seems to run fine but the problem is in the shifter. Weather has been nice here so i took the car out of hibernation yesterday and drove it to work today. When i got to work (about 10 miles), the shifter was hard to get out of drive to put back into park. Like it was stuck in drive. So when i was going home i tried to take it out of drive at a light and it did the same thing but this time when i put it back into drive the hold light blinked for 30 seconds then stopped. I was planning on getting the tranny serviced this or next week. Is this signs of a tranny goin bad, could a service heal it, or just a linkage problem??
Thanks in advance
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

I seem to have that problem also. Doesn't happen all the time for me though, like a few times every couple of weeks. I guess I never gave it much thought since it's done that to me with other cars I've owned. I don't have any advice but just thought I'd let you know we're in the same boat. Good luck. :P
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

sound pretty messed bring it in to get it serviced and after they change to fuild if it's running ok just as a percaution get some transmission oil stablizer fuild and add it to your tranny it's one of the first thing i do to any car i get it'll seap into your gears and the gaskets and prolong there life a bit longer and it'll aslo help with softer shitfs

Return to “Transmissions”