Old post: ETDRacing 1.8L bp Tubular Turbo Manifold

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Marlon

Old post: ETDRacing 1.8L bp Tubular Turbo Manifold

Post by Marlon »

there is a new post with updated pics and price
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=39745

Well the manifold is finished and looks great, the runners are pretty close to equal lenght, and they manifold comes coated with a high temp paint
with a t3 with internal wastegate there is no problem fitting a 2.5" downpipe but if you had internal i could a fit a 3"
Price:
1010 Mild Steel $499 cnd (no w/g) and an extra 50 for a wastegate
304 Stainless Steel $599 cnd (no w/g) and an extra 50 for a wastegate

if we can get 10 people there will be a discount (pm me if intrested)

if u have any other questions pm me or contact etd(tell them marlon sent you), heres they contact info http://www.etdracing.com/contact.html
i will get some pics of the manifold and downpipe on my car soon
http://i160.exs.cx/img160/9549/im0025715dp.jpg
http://i160.exs.cx/img160/3320/im0025729xx.jpg
http://i160.exs.cx/img160/8108/im0025734yi.jpg
http://i160.exs.cx/img160/6204/im0025758ef.jpg
Last edited by Marlon on March 17th, 2005, 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

That price is a tad high if you ask me. I could do them for you cheaper. I'd use 316 Stainless Steel Runners w/ a mild steel head flange. Did that price include ceramic coating? Let me know if your interested. We can fabricate any style you like for the B6 SOHC or DOHC and BP DOHC (we can beat most anyones prices). Also all of our manifolds are TIG welded.

Sincerely,

Jeremy W. Miller

Shady Motorworks
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
What

Post by What »

JWMotorsports wrote:That price is a tad high if you ask me. I could do them for you cheaper. I'd use 316 Stainless Steel Runners w/ a mild steel head flange. Did that price include ceramic coating? Let me know if your interested. We can fabricate any style you like for the B6 SOHC or DOHC and BP DOHC (we can beat most anyones prices). Also all of our manifolds are TIG welded.

Sincerely,

Jeremy W. Miller

Shady Motorworks
Yeah, but I've seen your welds. :P I don't know if it's the classiest thing to pimp your business in his thread... and telling him you could build one as it would seem as though he has had one built by the mention of it being on his car soon.

To Marlon, I think that 10 for a discount is a bit dreamy, and I agree the prices are probably $60-100 or so high of where they should be. It does look like good quality though and your car and your project looks good.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

To Marlon, I think that 10 for a discount is a bit dreamy, and I agree the prices are probably $60-100 or so high of where they should be. It does look like good quality though and your car and your project looks good.
ya i know it's gonna be hard but i've posted this on 7 different sites
i think the price is fair, how many companys are willing to make a manifold for us for a engine that dosn't even come stock in our cars
thats a small market

JWMotorsports, i've seen your manifold it dosn't compare to this one, if you wanna sell your manifold make a new post please
thanks
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

That price is crazy high man. BP has alot of aftermarket support from the miata, so that shouldn't be an issue. That manifold looks exactly like the obx miata headers, and you can buy those for about 350 dollars less. Good luck.....no wonder people stick to the small vj-20 w/ the gtx manifold....
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

The welding isn't a problem any more. The welds you saw were from a 90amp MIG welder. I broke down and bought a Lincoln Precision 185 TIG welder (over $1500) and am about to take pics of the TIG welds. A good friend of mine who is a partner is doing the welding and teaching me. He has 6 years of TIG welding experiance. I'll post some pics asap (tonight if I can).
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

Jteezy wrote:That price is crazy high man. BP has alot of aftermarket support from the miata, so that shouldn't be an issue. That manifold looks exactly like the obx miata headers, and you can buy those for about 350 dollars less. Good luck.....no wonder people stick to the small vj-20 w/ the gtx manifold....
this manifold is bottom mount not top mount

go ahead and get the obx manifold, it;s gonna crack
just cause there cheap on ebay dosn't mean they'll last just search you'll see all the problems the civic guys have with them
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Ok the manifold is still not finish, as you can see runner #1 (and a few other spots) still needs to be cut apart, cleaned and rewelded with the TIG this time around. The close up is of a TIG weld. None of the welds have been cleaned yet, this is what the welds looks like after you pull the torch off. They will be at least wire brushed when the welding is over. If you look really close you can see how much stainless pulls when it's welded (hint, look at the turbo flange). We'll wait till after having it stress relieved before we cut the collector off and reposition the flange where it's needed.

Marlon

Post by Marlon »

make your own post man :roll:
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

Well i'm not sayin the obx is the bomb, i'm just saying the manifolds are extremely similar and HUGE difference in price. Only fault with obx turbo headers are that the wastegate would hit the primary runner. But i'm just saying that the manifold looks good, but the price doesnt. I personally am using the ss autochrome miata manifold, which is great quality, i know firsthand. Nice manifold though, post pictures of it when its on the ride. []Deace
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

for a good tubular manifold that will fit this application, that's not a bad price at all. i did a lot of shopping for a manifold right before i sold the car. there are NO miata manifolds that will work on this setup. you have hood and radiator clearance issues. plus they won't warranty the product because it's not going on a miata. they also won't flip the manifold upside down for us to use it. another place that i tried to get a manifold was from crapsport, but dork, i mean derrick, kept blowing me off....figures. so if you want a GOOD tubular manifold, i'd get on this one. you can also get a good log style manifold that is a ton cheaper. marlon, you might want to try that route if this buy falls through. good luck with it. something that i've noticed, is that the import crowd is full of cheap individuals. they want the best stuff, but get mad at the prices. heh, you get what you pay for.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
What

Post by What »

Marlon wrote: ya i know it's gonna be hard but i've posted this on 7 different sites
i think the price is fair, how many companys are willing to make a manifold for us for a engine that dosn't even come stock in our cars
thats a small market
Well, there are companies out there that love to build projects. I got a mani to suit a T3/T4 on the BP in the MX3 from TurbineTech in Quebec. After the ceramic coating I definetely wouldn't want less than $650 for it. I think a lot of people don't quite understand the amount of work and skill required to make truly beautiful products. The guy who built mine has been welding for over 15 years. The only thing I don't like in that price for this one is just appearance wise. It would be nice to know the welds are good enough on the runners to grind down so you don't have to look at the welds. That and it would show a little more attention to detail that I love to see in a project.
shadymotorsports

hey now

Post by shadymotorsports »

Look guys I am the one that is doing the welding for jwmotorsports, we can grind all of the welds down if thats what your after, there definately wont be a problem with them cracking (we picked the whole front end up on a RX-7 by the header, which was only half of the thickness of the MX-3 turbo manifolds) We are both perfectionists and our vow to you is that you will most definately get a quality part, for much less than anyone else is willing to sell it for. Unlike others we are not out to get rich, we just want to help out fellow mx-3ers. By the way, thats not the actual production manifold in his pictures, thats a custom race manifold that he designed.
forcedairram

Re: ETDRacing 1.8L bp Tubular Turbo Manifold Finished (with

Post by forcedairram »

[quote="Marlon"], the runners are pretty close to equal lenght, and they manifold comes coated with a high temp paint

Come on man you and me both know that that high temp paint will be gone in no time on a turbo manifold. And as far as the pretty close to equal length runners go, i know that shady and jwmotosports will do everything they possibly can to make them equal :D ....your merge looks a little fast, exaust gasses are gonna slow each other down....thats a bad thing :? :cry: note the long slow merging collectors on jws manifold. Also note the serious lack of penetration on the turbo flange picture(thats a crack waiting to happen) and the clear shot of the weld on the inside,? thats gonna disturb flow even further
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

What the Hell do you people not understand about MAKE YOUR OWN f---ing POST!

Let Marlon do his thing here and STOP POSTING about your s--- in his post!

:x
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com

Return to “Forced Induction”