500 bucks, what suspension setup!?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Jteezy

500 bucks, what suspension setup!?

Post by Jteezy »

I have 500 bucks to spend on suspension. I've been debating whether to finish my turbo which all i need is an intercooler and gauges or do suspension and i've decided with the suspension. I have 500 bucks and need a nice setup, if i cant get somethin decent than i'll just go turbo. Anyone have any suggestions? right now i was thinkin some kyb gr2s and some suspension technique springs or h & R? Remember guys, my 500 dollar budget includes paying someone to do the alignment, i'll do the installation though. Thanks. Peace
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

stay clear of the GR2`s.

Seems like you are gonna get some increased performance from the engine, and such it would be stupid to not build the suspension for this aswell.

I would definetely go with Koni & H&R.
If you cant afford it now, then wait until you can. Trust me on this.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

zx2 tokico struts w/thrust bearings = 220ish shipped. H&R Springs = 200 or so shipped.

Alignment should cost 40-80 dollars & installing them requires spring compressors which you can rent from autozone for free (deposit required) or you can buy a set from harbor freight for 12 dollars.

Thats within budget.

BTW: if your car is going to be fast, don't overlook the brakes. You want to be able to stop as well. Perhaps part of that $500 should go towards a set of performance brake pads?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I agree with gro harlem. That setup is probably one of the better ones I have seen with out spending a gross amound of money.

Also, kudos to working the suspension before the motor. It's funny as shizzle when you see a car with a good amount of motor work get smoked because they can't even control their wheel hop.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”