stock ecplise intercooler

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
facko

stock ecplise intercooler

Post by facko »

i was thinking about gettin the eclipse SMIC and was wondering if anyone knew nething bout them...good bad or w/e. and if u had ne uggestions w/ mounting it, it seems like it wouldnt get much air unless it was in the front but..iono. i was also considering going w/o an IC cuz im not gonna be running to much boost (got stock internals) ne kinda responce would be apprecitated :D [/url]
What

Post by What »

They aren't bad ICs for 200-250hp... thick core and alright size. I would definetely put it in the front... even if you make something to mount it like it is in the DSM. You can drill fwd of the shocktower like how the DSM is and not lose rigidity where it counts. Just a hole in the top and the pipe in the bottom. That or try putting it directly in the front... there should be room. If the bends are not quite right, you can chop them and turn them, if you know someone with a TIG.

An intercooler like that is FARRRRRR better than NO intercooler. Heat is bad, bad, bad, bad.
facko

Post by facko »

alright, thx alot for the input. imma go buy one now on ebay :D lol its got a 35 dollar buy it now price and its not jacked up so..im thinkin thats a good deal.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

thats what i used and yes it will work and youll have to turn the end pipes a little but not bad. i ended up getting the fmic off a starion and it works even better than the eclipse one. it takes more money to get it installed but the fmic is also cheap. get that i/c until you have money to upgrade later then grab the starion one and gain about 10-15 whp and feel the diff.

either way its not a bad i/c
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

a decent low cost i/c could be found at some local junkyards. find some starions and if your lucky it will still have a decently sized intercooler. most of the time they will just ring it up as a heater core, or if they dont know... well... do what u gotta do. cuz... when air passes thru it, it heats up the core :P
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

I've got an Eagle Talon TSI SMIC for sale, if you are looking for one and if you live in Canada. 70$C for the thing.

Just for your information :wink:
facko

Post by facko »

thx for the responces, i ended up gettin one off of ebay for like 48 (thats w/ the shipping and handling). itll do for now..when i start pulling more boost out of it tho ill definately go look for a starion fmic.

Return to “Forced Induction”