this is the problem..video

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mclaw-mclaren

this is the problem..video

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

i have the bpt swap here is what is done...Ob1 wiring, re-programmed ecu (corksport) stock injectors, upgraded fuel pump, stock ignition, no s-afc or anything....can't think of what else u need to know, let me know if there is anything else. the injectors and the ecu work fine cause they were in another bpt and no problems

here is a link to a video that shows the problem (bad video sorry) it is dark so u have to listen. around 4 seconds in u can here it keep on hesitating. in teh video the first shift i was shifting into second and the last psst i was going around 100km so u have an idea when it happens..but i can be driving down teh highway at 100km and it doesn't do it just when u step on it hard.

not sure if the video will help anyone but i thought anything is worth a try

thanks James for hosting it on mx-west

Travis

[/url]www.wyldsidetech.com/dev/mx3turbo.AVI
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

oh ya when u hear it heseitating. my foot is never letting of the gas. it is not me doing that

u have to copy and paste it, sorry
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I dont know about this reprogrammed ecu business...
What wiring harness are you using?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well welcome to the problem with the reprogrammed ecu. the ecus cant really be reformatted and therefore it will never be fixed unless you get a stand alone engine management system. maybe just maybe the safc would work but im not gonna rpomise anything. i have had the repro ecu like youve got from corksport and to tell you the truth it works but it sucks and wait till the ecu goes to limp mode if it hasnt already. when it does your engine will just burble (i guess thats the sound) and go really slow until it gets out of limp mode. anyways if i was you id try the safc and get that hooked up cause your dumping way to much fuel i believe thats what mine was doing and if it doesnt work then sell it and save up for a haltech or tecIII.

sorry that those are the only options but to solve it that is what your gonna have to do.

i have experienced both sides and ill tell you know that when you have the haltech and have it tuned RIGHT then you will be happy. mine runs like a champ and tuned RIGHT it made at 13 psi 220hp and 211 tq at the wheels with a bottle neck in the exhaust so with it tuned RIGHT it will make awesome numbers

*my numbers may vary from yours as i have a gtr not a gtx but it should be similar.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

mmm for wiring i am using obi 1 wiring (mx-3) my tps sensor is the mx-3 one too...and i got that wiring instructions off u but when i took it to the shop they were like, there is nothing wrong with the wiring so i dunno
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

Buy a regular gtx ecu and run an safc, and you'll be fine. May not be cheap, probably run you about 500 bucks together if you bargain, but its better than spending 1000 dollars on a haltech. Good luck. []Deace
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

look at your TPS. mine did the same thing. with some adjustmens i got it to smooth out. i ended up changing it out as well.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I agree to look at your tps... but also, you should be using a variable 4 wire with that ecu I think.. and all you need is the proper gtx ecu to solve your bpt woes... There is no need for an safc if you have the right ecu. I have one but its just for show now... I dont really need it.. Get the bpt ecu man.. its the best way. Or if you like spending almost 2 grand for a nearly impossible to program standalone then by all means.. but honestly.. YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY GAIN FROM IT RUNNING STOCK BOOST! I know this for a fact people..
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

i am still confused...because the ecu worked fine on another mx-3 bpt so it should work here. when it cuts out it doesn't seem to be a boost cut because the boost gauge remains constant when it happens so it sounds like a fuel issue.
i have a upgraded fuel pump and the injectors should be fine..but what about the fuel pressure regulator could that be the problem??? can't handle the upgraded fuel pump (rx-7)
cause if it was the ecu; would it idle fine, and drive fine 95% of the time...like even in second gear i can get fairly high rpms then in 3rd s--- hits the fan. its is like it is starving it self of fuel when it is wide open.
just some ideas but any help is appreciated

oh ya with the tps, my sensor is a 3 prong plug in, with mx-3 wiring not sure if that helps

thanks again
Travis
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

or do u think a s-afc would work? i don't really wanna get another ecu.

thanks, travis
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

check your TPS. chances are thats your problem. try adjusting it. my car did the same thing. at around 2 to 3k. i held the car at the rpm where it cut out and adjusted the tps till it quit doing that. havent has that problem since.

the RX7 fuel pump wont screw it up. like what was said if you get a gtx ecu you dont need the SAFC, if your running stock boost. the AFC cost more than an ecu does anyways. i still reccomend checking your TPS. may be the ECU you got was for ATX and not an MTX. cause the TPS on the 92-93 is different between ATX and MTX. on 94-95 its not. im still running an auto ecu. if you have a chiltons book it tells you how to test it.

best of luck
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

but the only problem is, i can't really adjust it while holding at the rpm because it only does it in 3rd gear i can rev it in 1st and it doesn't do it? any other suggestions? do u don't think it is the fuel pressure regulator?

thanks
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

its going to be a guess and check thing.

and from listining to it again it might be your FPR. is it adjustable? if so let more fuel in. mine did that for a while when i was running real lean, not a good thing. if you dont have a adjustable FPR you can get one for like 50 bucks at overboost.com, the MSD one. thats what im using works great. or i here the OBX ones on ebay are good as well.

now when you rev out your car to adjust the TPS you want to do it really really slow up to about 5K or till it starts droping off. then adjust accordingly. you can do it with meter too. but its probably going to be something real easy, you just have to keep eliminating things one by one.
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

i am using the stock fuel pressure regulator. should i try that before anyting else, like $50 isn't that bad

travis
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

i just ordered the MSD fuel pressure regulator off overboost.com...we will see if that fixes the problem before spending more money on something else
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT

Return to “Forced Induction”