NEED HELP ASAP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
rece

NEED HELP ASAP

Post by rece »

Well it finally happened... click click... pop! i think my syncros for my third gear are gone. :roll: the symptoms are that third gear will not stay in even with me applying pressure on the shifter to keep it in. does any body have any ideas. poss a spare 5 speed trans sitting around or recomendations on what to do. approx how much would a trans rebuild cost or just the syncros. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PS anywhere in Alberta or just over the border is not out of the question for me to pick up as the car is still drivable without 3rd
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

car-part.com maybe?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
skylineracing07

Post by skylineracing07 »

just rebulid the tranny its not that hard or expensive
rece

Post by rece »

does anybody have a write up on how to goabout rebuilding a trany and aprox time it will take??? and what parts will I need to do the job properly so the trans will last for a while again

thanx
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
mxdima

Post by mxdima »

haha damn that sucks, you will probably have to replace your entire synchronizer if u do it yourself, proably a few hundred for the part.

and i think its pretty deep in there, i took apart a trani once to look at what's inside and its a pita, air tools are awesome tho.

just goto the junk and give the guy 50 bucks and rip out a trani, hack job it who cares.
True speed :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”