LED Single Color UnderCar Kit..

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
DJsMX-3

LED Single Color UnderCar Kit..

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hey ive been searching around for a nice wideangle LED undercar kit but for a reasonable price and good quality allso..

I have thought about building my own set with the right components BUT i dont know where the heck i should get the diffusing lexan pipes to put the LED's in :( And i would probertly have problems getting a nice and waterproof result in the ends...

LED undercar lighting isnt really big over here "and i dont want neons" so i tryed searching the net and i found some high quality like ICELED and something like Euroeffect that i dont know the quality of..

ICELED is really expensive and cool but i really dont need anything but one colour of bright wideangle LEDs so theyre over the top.

Euroeffects are on ebay with a flexible type like: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW And the flex really gives it potential, but i cant find anything good or bad about Euroeffects anywhere! ive googled and even tryed yahoo to, if i find a hit the page is oddly missing everythime :roll:

Soo Is there someone here in the MX-3 community with a good insight to LED undercar kits? Who knows good or bad things of Euroeffects or maybe could give me some other Brands to search around for??

All info would be appreciated :D
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

okay... just to be honest to start i havent seen any products from the companies you list. that said, i have never personally seen a led underglow kit that put out decent light. bright... yes. but you get this horrible little dot show under your car even with some wide angle ones ive seen.

what is your reason for not wanting neons? i dont believe they draw too much more power, and they will light up in every direction. this can add a healthy glow of color through your front bumper and make an intercooler look just pretty at night. lol.... just my 2 cents. if you stay with led's go with plasmaglow... i dont like theirs the least.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Well the dot lights youre talking about is because of either a bad products or cheap ebayimitations where narrow angled LED's have been used..

If wideangle LED's are used and spaced not too far apart they will put down a uniform glow..

Well i dont want neons because they brake, theyre fragile like all other neons "its glass", théy dont work well in cold wheather, they use high voltage and inverters "more that could go wrong/break" and they dimm over time...

If a decent LED kit could be found all theese things wont matter at all and they have a typical lifespand of about 11years if they were run 24/7, to put it another way they will most likely outlive you and all the cars you will buy in your lifetime :lol: and they dont use much power at all :wink:

I believe i have allready read bad things about plasmaglow but i will look some more into them..

Anybody else that has some ideas or knowledge about this?
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

I GOT ONE OF EUROEFFECTS KITS

it didnt work & i have contacted themabout it ....i figured the controller was bad...so i wouldnt get one from them
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Monty are you sending the kit back or getting a replacement for the controller? if youre getting the controller replaced i would like to hear your impressions of the kit :wink:
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

gonna order a controller. i bought the kit from ebay so i know i cant get my money back fromthe seller
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Monty try contacting EUROEFFECTS themselves, One of the few threads i found about theese was about a guy that got a faulty controller like you, but he talked to them and they sent him a new controller :wink:

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”