Mini-Meet and Dinner - Saturday March 19/05

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Mini-Meet and Dinner - Saturday March 19/05

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Saturday March 19th - Mini-Meet & Dinner 6:00 pm @ Boston Pizza (by Brentwood Mall), 4219 Lougheed Hwy, Buranby BC V5C 3Y6.

So Who's Coming!!!
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

i went to the last one (a little late but still made it) and noone was there. Talk about a diehard, put my mazda in the bodyshop and still came out in the excel.

Another idea is email everyone out a reminder say a week before the event. I almost forgot about it too. That's why I was late
MX-West Car Club

Hmmmm... Let's see, I was there for 45 minutes and no one showed up. You don't think that was a waste of my time, I had other things to do as well that evening so I left.

I shouldn't have to remind everyone all the time. That's what this Forum, our Events Page and the initial e-mail of our updated Calendar is for. Do I need to hold everyones hand as well and walk them across the street. I don't think so... What's so hard about printing out our Events schedule and posting it on your wall at home or you locker at work?
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

your the president. find a system that works.
MX-West Car Club

See that's the typical type of answer that I'd expect from you. Why don't you, the other members step up to the plate and help push our events and remind everyone. Do I have a better system, you bet I do. I won't use it now, I'll use it when the time comes.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

Graffiti day's,Tsunami relief.Looks to me like he is at the plate,not just warming the bench.
MX-West Car Club

Yeah, I'll give him credit for that. But he and the other members can do a lot more for the club than just posting events in the Forum and putting in their 2 cents here and there.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

But he and the other members can do a lot more for the club than just posting events in the Forum and putting in their 2 cents here and there.
geez Kevin. I don't do anything but put my 2 cents in eh? What about the sponsership I pretty much got given to you that you obviously declined? All you had to do was post a banner of some guys store and all of us could have got a discount. Who did all the walk work for that huh? Yeah. it was me. Who even found that place, where we could buy aftermarket mazda stuff locally(which is very hard at the best of times)? Yeah it was me. Don't tell me I don't help out the club. that's b.s. . Who wanted to take a lead on a cruise year. me. Yeah noone was interested, but still. I took the time to set up a route, date etc. I do alot more than I think you remember. I just bought a shifter boot and ebrake boot. Part of the money went to the club. did you buy one? How many others from the club bought one? a couple? isn't that helping out with the club? I could've gone elsewhere to get it done, and got it done cheaper, but I decided, no , I'll do it because it helps the club and the forum. and who advertises the club in huge letters on the back of their car? not the president. ME! do you have any idea how many people see that and ask me about the club? no you don't!
Why don't you, the other members step up to the plate and help push our events and remind everyone
you obviously don't know what it means to be president. These are your obligations. Thats why a president is a president. They want to be the ones to do these things. Obviously you have no drive left. Coming unprepared for the first meeting of the year is an example. You pretty much had 1 event in mind for the whole year and expected everyone else there(who had no clue this was going to happen) To set up the years itinerary. I don't care if you don't like me or my ideas, but don't think I don't contribute to the club. Like I said before. Thats b.s.
Taras

Post by Taras »

I would agree that Will (Nos21) has been a good addition to the club with great ideas, enthusiasm and unique propositions. I think what Kevin is really after, is the rest of the Mx-West population to be interested and at least a wee bit involved into the monthly runnings and activities. I would not go as fas as saying that it's all the President's job. Someone has to be a central point, but they are certainly not responsible for everything. Hey in any company all ideas do not come from a CEO. That is why the others are there. People coming to the monthly meets could come with their own ideas too, it does not always have to come up from one individual. Others have brains too, may it's the enthusiasm that is lost.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Nos21

if your so great why the hell dont you have your own club. i think kevin has done more than enough. and its pretty bold of you to have the audacity to be that much of a prick.
i would be out every time if i didnt live 3 fricken hours away same with Dan and Clayton, and several others in WA. i think kevin has done more than his share of the work, and if you dont like it keep it to your self. you really need not slam the prez. cause youll get slamed harder.
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

Ok,this s--- is getting way out of hand.Josh,where do you get off calling someone a prick?From what I see on this forum,Will is doing anything and everything in his power to make this club a success,as is Kevin.I dont see anything comming from your end.Im not knocking Kevin,or anything he has done.Hell,i dont even know either one of them.I do hope to run into both of them in Kelowna,and share a beer or twelve with them.All Im saying is, if a government doesnt have any opposition,it gets lax.Same goes for this club.As far as that your remark about getting slammed harder.Son,know who your talking to before you speak,you could get an eye opener.Now that I pissed off allmost everyone here......CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.Piece.
MX-West Car Club

geez Kevin. I don't do anything but put my 2 cents in eh? What about the sponsership I pretty much got given to you that you obviously declined? All you had to do was post a banner of some guys store and all of us could have got a discount. Who did all the walk work for that huh? Yeah. it was me. Who even found that place, where we could buy aftermarket mazda stuff locally(which is very hard at the best of times)? Yeah it was me. Don't tell me I don't help out the club. that's b.s. . Who wanted to take a lead on a cruise year. me. Yeah noone was interested, but still. I took the time to set up a route, date etc. I do alot more than I think you remember. I just bought a shifter boot and ebrake boot. Part of the money went to the club. did you buy one? How many others from the club bought one? a couple? isn't that helping out with the club? I could've gone elsewhere to get it done, and got it done cheaper, but I decided, no , I'll do it because it helps the club and the forum. and who advertises the club in huge letters on the back of their car? not the president. ME! do you have any idea how many people see that and ask me about the club? no you don't!
Will, I'm not taking anything away from you, I give you credit for the things you've done for the club. Yeah I commend you on getting the sponsorship for the club. So don't jump to conclusions that I declined the sponsorship at all. I haven't had time to get in touch with the guy and when I do have free time it's always too late. I've been insanely busy with work since the beginning of the year which pretty much takes up all my time. I don't even have time to work on my car. Yes, I do have the e-brake and shifter boots that Taras has a group buy on. I bought the 2nd prototypes he had made. The club needs help in every way it can get it. That's great that you advertise for the club with the decal on your hatch window. I told you that at last year's meet. I don't need it on my car cause I have personalized plates that says "MX-WEST" and it'll be overkill for me. Hey, I get asked about it as well driving. People even ask me what Cork Sport is about.
you obviously don't know what it means to be president. These are your obligations. Thats why a president is a president. They want to be the ones to do these things. Obviously you have no drive left. Coming unprepared for the first meeting of the year is an example. You pretty much had 1 event in mind for the whole year and expected everyone else there(who had no clue this was going to happen) To set up the years itinerary. I don't care if you don't like me or my ideas, but don't think I don't contribute to the club. Like I said before. Thats b.s.
Yes, a president does all of that. He also has the power to appoint people to help out wherever needed. I've been doing this the past 5 years with some help from the "core members". Maybe I don't have any drive left in me or running the club has taken a lot out of me. Maybe I'm more focused on work than the club now a days. Maybe it's time for new blood like yourself to start injecting your enthusiasim to the members and get them off their a$$es and come out to our meets. Go out, find new members and have them sign up with the club. I was not unprepared for our members meeting. In my members meeting e-mail, I stated that you guys will be "helping out with the events planning and bring your ideas. Hang on a minute there Will, you're jumping to conclusions again. I don't have a problem with you at all, OK.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Josh wrote:Nos21

if your so great why the hell dont you have your own club. i think kevin has done more than enough. and its pretty bold of you to have the audacity to be that much of a prick.
i would be out every time if i didnt live 3 fricken hours away same with Dan and Clayton, and several others in WA. i think kevin has done more than his share of the work, and if you dont like it keep it to your self. you really need not slam the prez. cause youll get slamed harder.
Josh, let's be more civilized. This isn't need at all.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

ratkon wrote:Ok,this s--- is getting way out of hand.Josh,where do you get off calling someone a prick?From what I see on this forum,Will is doing anything and everything in his power to make this club a success,as is Kevin.I dont see anything comming from your end.Im not knocking Kevin,or anything he has done.Hell,i dont even know either one of them.I do hope to run into both of them in Kelowna,and share a beer or twelve with them.All Im saying is, if a government doesnt have any opposition,it gets lax.Same goes for this club.As far as that your remark about getting slammed harder.Son,know who your talking to before you speak,you could get an eye opener.Now that I pissed off allmost everyone here......CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.Piece.
You're right Ratkon, this is starting to way too out of hand. There's absolutely no reason to start calling people names on here. Look forward to meeting you at our annual meet in June, have few beers and laugh at how stupid were all acting on here.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

Looking forward to it,the first round of drinks for the club is on me.Give me a yell closer to the meet.Im sure i can get drink and meal discounts for the club.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”