M&S

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
Chadley

M&S

Post by Chadley »

sigh
Last edited by Chadley on March 30th, 2005, 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

i got a pipercross 1, nice little item an it was allot cheaper than ur K n' N jobbie! unfortunately u wont get much sound from ur filter. mine made no real difference

hope that helps fella
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

You should get a slight increase in performance with a K&N Filter but if you mean by "panel filter" one to replace the original there won't be any sound difference.

Do a seach on filters and you'll find a lot has been discussed regards CAIs, cone filters and replacement filters.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

i have the k&n panel replacment.. there is no sound difference and no performance difference either.... if there is a performance increase it is so small its not noticible to the human body

but its a good filter cus it lasts forever with proper cleaning
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

JWMX3 wrote:but its a good filter cus it lasts forever with proper cleaning
You can say that again. One of the first things I bought for my ride 10 years ago. Only got rid of it last October when I did all of my mods. It was still very much serviceable and now that I think about it I'll have to pick it up when I go to A-Spec next week. I'm sure I can find a good home for it.
K&N is probably the best investment you can make for the MX - like JWMX3 said "it lasts forever".
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

cough
Last edited by Chadley on March 30th, 2005, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

jschrauwen wrote:
JWMX3 wrote:but its a good filter cus it lasts forever with proper cleaning
You can say that again. One of the first things I bought for my ride 10 years ago. Only got rid of it last October when I did all of my mods. It was still very much serviceable and now that I think about it I'll have to pick it up when I go to A-Spec next week. I'm sure I can find a good home for it.
K&N is probably the best investment you can make for the MX - like JWMX3 said "it lasts forever".
It's not a cone filter. I was always refering to the flat panel (same as OEM) type. As a sidebar, just bought a flat panel K&N for the Protege I bought in December.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

what i found the best option was, was to drill the air box and fit a k&n replacment element. Works and sounds good!! :D
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

rsroadkilla wrote:what i found the best option was, was to drill the air box and fit a k&n replacment element. Works and sounds good!! :D
K&N professes to give better air flow and performance(and I believe it does).
K&N does cost a lot more than paper filters then again depending on how long you keep the car it's much cheaper in the long run. I had 10 years on my K&N = 10 annual paper filter changes - you do the math.
K&N is more efficient in damp and rainy weather - UK weather - that's a no brainer.
K&N panel filter with holes drilled in lower half of air box - ya you'll probably hear a little of that air intake sound similar to CAI.
K&N - I would recommend it every vehicle made.
K&N - No, I don't work for them, never have nor recieve any royalties....LOL
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

jschrauwen wrote:
rsroadkilla wrote:what i found the best option was, was to drill the air box and fit a k&n replacment element. Works and sounds good!! :D
K&N professes to give better air flow and performance(and I believe it does).
K&N does cost a lot more than paper filters then again depending on how long you keep the car it's much cheaper in the long run. I had 10 years on my K&N = 10 annual paper filter changes - you do the math.
K&N is more efficient in damp and rainy weather - UK weather - that's a no brainer.
K&N panel filter with holes drilled in lower half of air box - ya you'll probably hear a little of that air intake sound similar to CAI.
K&N - I would recommend it every vehicle made.
K&N - No, I don't work for them, never have nor recieve any royalties....LOL
:werd:
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

i was suprised how big the difference was in sound. Gave the car a lot more meaty sound when i had the original exhaust on.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”