Apexi N1 or Flowmaster 60?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
showgun

Apexi N1 or Flowmaster 60?

Post by showgun »

I'm not sure which one to get. I've heard the Flowmaster before and I must say it's pretty damn sweet.

But I've heard pretty good things about the N1, and I also like the look of it, but I've never heard it.

Does anyone have a sound clip of the N1 installed on their car? What are your opinions of its sound? Is it tolerable at say.. 5k RPM? Any thoughts on whether or not to get the N1 NA version (60mm inlet/90mm outlet) or the N1 Turbo version (80mm inlet/115mm outlet)?

I plan on getting a custom 2.5" piping cat-back for when I swap to BPT later in the year.

Thanks.
--Brian
'93 Mazda MX-3 RS
4cyl 1.6L SOHC
http://www.cardomain.com/id/showgunx
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

this is just what i think, i think you shouldnt go wiht the flowmasters just because i dont think you should put flowmasters on a 4cly. thats what i think
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
showgun

Post by showgun »

well the flowmaster 60 series was made specially for 4 cyl engines and other smaller sized import engines.
--Brian
'93 Mazda MX-3 RS
4cyl 1.6L SOHC
http://www.cardomain.com/id/showgunx
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

If you are going turbo put on the turbo N1 Muffler when you do your 2.5" (or 2.75") exhaust piping. Running more than a 2.25" N/A sucks on the street, believe me: I know first hand. Save your money and only do the exhaust one time.
A friend has the Apexi N1 catback on his GSR and it sounds amazing but its extremely loud.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”