hatch garnish vs. spoiler, what do you think?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
ninjajim4

hatch garnish vs. spoiler, what do you think?

Post by ninjajim4 »

i am thinking of getting rid of my spoiler and just putting on a hatch garnish.

i'm going for that G35 no spoiler look, but I have no idea if it'd look decent. this would be with a pakfeifer kit. what's everybody's take on this?

thanks
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

personally i dont like the look without the spoiler, it finish's off the rear of the car very nicely.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

the spoiler is teh win!
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Macen

Post by Macen »

With spoiler looks so much better.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

depends on what spoiler you have, i haven't seen very many that i personally like on the mx-3, but that's my personal tastes. i'd just say look for someone that has a similar set up as you but with a hatch garnish instead of a spoiler, or just look for anyone with a hatch garnish. it's all about your tastes really.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

ive got jsut the stock spoiler on right now. i dont really like the big rice spoilers, and i think mine just looks very blah. i like clean looks, but our cars are just too old to strip everything down without looking bare and dated IMO. i want to add and take away... and come out with something clean, but a lil flashy and new looking.

the trend for luxury sport seems to be moving away from spoilers in general... i'm trying to make my sporty ride a lil more luxurious =)

anybody have pics with a good kit on but no spoiler?
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

No pics. Just my .02. I prefer the hatch garnish as a nice clean look. If ever were to put on a spoiler, would go with the Canadian model's wraparound style. Saw a white MX-3 once on cardomain with a decent enough fairly aggressive looking body kit and had the hatch garnish too, but the granish was painted white to match the car. Looked good. Might be an option to try...
Image -Jim
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

i personally prefer the stock spoilers, but i also think mx3's look good just with a garnish.... i know what neutral is talking about too, it would look good with the garnish painted same color as the car :wink:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i forgot to mention my ride is black, so that's a given 8)
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

I had a black four banger and I bought a gs spoiler. IMO the spoiler looks way way better.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

The Gs spoiler looks way better to me. Then I like the garnish painted to match the car and then the plain black garnish. I also like the wrap around spoiler that mazda sells but not as much as the stock Gs one.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

replaced my garnish w/ a gs wing, looks better, imo, but then again the main reason it was rerplaced was that my hatch garnish had a bunch of broken clips and it rattled real bad.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

i want a canadian spoiler....the precedia one!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Gro Harlem wrote:i want a canadian spoiler....the precedia one!
Thats the ones on the 94-96 gs. Thats a good one too..my 95 had that.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i would definitely prefer the canadian style to ours too, if i am gonna stick with one at all...

jsut curious, those that like the spoiler look better, does that mean you wouldnt like a G35 or porsche sans spoiler too?

Return to “Appearance”