New to Mazda

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
tool_girl6597

New to Mazda

Post by tool_girl6597 »

Hi my names Taylor and I'm new to the forum and Mazda. I'm a Honda girl at heart and don't really know anything about mazda. What are the options as far as engine swaps? I see all the BP posts but I'm not really sure what the BP is. And is that the only option engine wise? Sorry to sound like a noob...give me a B-18A v-tech anyday lol I'm just starting this new "project car" so any ideas or suggestions are 100% welcome!
Last edited by tool_girl6597 on February 16th, 2005, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92' Teal 4 cylinder,5 speed MX-3. Desperately needing civic projectors converted
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

your options really for swaping are the B6T 1.6 turbo, BP 1.8L no turbo and BPT 1.8 turbo, you will also get told to search so im gonna warn ya about that and the FAQ will get thrown at ya alot

KL-ZE > B18A :P
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
tool_girl6597

Post by tool_girl6597 »

LMAO! I know..trust me I spend hours scouring this site. I'm addicted. But I have never actually found a description of these engines. Just abbreviations. So thanks a ton for the info! :D
92' Teal 4 cylinder,5 speed MX-3. Desperately needing civic projectors converted
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

no prob, its what im here for
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

I'm ashamed to know this but KLZE = B18C5 :P
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

way to break her in Papa...
The BP is a 1.8l DOHC 4cyl engine similar to the Honda B18A engine (The Non VTEC Integra LS/RS/GS motor).
Myself and numerous others (Typhoonk, Atlantamx3, etc...) have swapped in this motor and should be able to answer an questions you may have about it or the swap.
I previously had a B6T <1.6l DOHC 4cyl turbo> swapped in, so I can answer questions about that as well. Nos92mx3, jwmotorsports and a few others are currently running this swap.
Franko, mx3tt, marlon, and jaydog are the guys you want to talk to about the BPT <1.8l DOHC 4cyl turbo>.
However, unlike the B-series honda motors, the 1.6l and 1.8l Mazda motors have very few parts that swap. IE a header for a 1.6l wont fit on the 1.8l. reason being is the BP is physically 22mm longer than the 1.6l. however, there are a few internal parts that will interchange (rods, etc.)
Mazda's a tricky to extract power from, when you first start but in time you'll see they have great potential.
Good luck and welcome aboard. we are here to help...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

The b6t is a fun little engine, there fairly easy to come by and can put a good amount of power to the ground with just some basic boltons.
Well the b6t puts out around 130hp/tq and the bp is around that area as well, i suggest reading the faq on both and then deciding.
Welcome to the bored . :)

Winter sux i miss the boost.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I'm a Honda girl at heart
Dont worry, It wont take long to get that out of your system. Soon enough youll hate the sight of a honda. 8)
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
tool_girl6597

hate Honda????

Post by tool_girl6597 »

ROFLMAO...Not in a million years.I'm in my 3rd semester at Sinclair Community Collage in the Honda Pact Program. I respect other imports but I'll never forget my first love...Hopefully by next winter I'll be able to get the MX-3 together enough to be ready for an engine swap. But I'm going to buy a Del Sol or a CRX first so I can have another project lined up. Leaning more towards a Del Sol though. I'm not really into the civic scene..they're ok but not me. I like the sporty 2 seaters.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

You say that now but just wait... just wait... :wink:
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

I hare myself for telling anyone to buy hondo but...get a crx!!! As the del sol's around here are known to be del slow's!!!(i'm noy putting down honda's dont worry)...but they are heavy cars!! think about power to wieght ratio's and a crx would beat a del sol!!
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I forgot to say, the thing I love most about the mx-3 compared to a honda is that the group of modified ones is so small by comparison. If youre driving around in a modified honda, people will forget about what they just saw as soon as it goes out of their vision.. but in a mx-3 it stays with people.. thell be like "What was that? Did I hear a blow off valve?" Then you might see them somewhere and they will say to you "Hey youre the one who owns that pimped out mx-3 right?"
When I first got my car done last year and started driving it, I went on a fourm of guys just around here and there was like 3 or 4 posts started about me.. Everyones asking "who owns the turbocharged mx-3?" People wanted to know about it and everyone was coming up to me asking me questions. There are a few other guys here who have their integras or civics turboed.. Or have the jdm b18 in their crx or something and the funny thing is, no one really cares it seems. I just hear "Hey frank, Open that hood and let me see what you got under there." Its great.. Its nice to do something different.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

I agree.....

Besides you can buy honda parts at 7/11...wheres the fun in that??
Its all about the mazdaspeed!!!!!
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

I say all cars suck, honda, mazda, domestic, import... they all suck!

its all about the driver, what they do with the car and how its driven.

A car is just a car. The driver makes the car what it is!

:lol:
1993 RS Teal
prototype

Post by prototype »

Well... I like honda. I mean, they're decent cars for what they are... What I don't like is that about 90% of people who drive a honda think "I drive untouchable honda, get out of my way" then they do some ricer fly by and drive like maniacs... :roll: but maybe that's just here...

And I can't seem to get anyone to test my Mx-3 (whereas everyone wanted to race my Stanza.. haha) ... I don't think anyone really knows wth it is or what it has in it... lol. It's really fun to talk to my friends with their integras, civics, crx's etc and they all go "Is that mx-3 fast?" ^.^

Eventually it will be... :twisted:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”