What color should I paint the interior?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
luke_mx3

What color should I paint the interior?

Post by luke_mx3 »

I am going to paint the dash on my 95. The exterior color is 11R, Sparkle Green Metallic. I don't really want to put more green in my car and I was thinking about a silver or grey color. And should I paint part of my door panels too? What do you guys think?
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

i love my white interior (in progress), but that's just me... everyone has their own opinion on what looks best, so i think u're gonna have to answer this one on your own... but yea, grey/silver goes well w/ green... the following site is something that i'm using for inspiration (at least the interior)

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... 20&val=100
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i did my interior in krylon silver, looks awsome. if you want the part number on the spray can ill get it for you.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
luke_mx3

Post by luke_mx3 »

Thanks for the help. Can you get me that paint code? Thanks.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

It's called "Kyrlon Interior-Exterior" "for wood,metal,plastic, wicker and more" it should have a bardcode sticker on the back that has the number and paint name- "41403 Dull Aluminum, Aluminum Mat"
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Thumbs Up

Post by Thumbs Up »

Personally painting the interior I think is RICER and GAY, I mean if you made the inside BLACK and kept it nice looking you would enjoy it more but trust me I bought my MX with some RICER WHITE interior and I go soooo sick of it and it just flat out DOESN"T LOOK GOOD; I'm in the process of getting some stock peices back. BUT, if thats what you want to do go for it, everyone has different tastes. just trying to make you think about it before you regret doin somin you wish you didn't!!! JUST MY 2 cents.
* Stay Clean *
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Thumbs Up wrote:Personally painting the interior I think is RICER and GAY, I mean if you made the inside BLACK and kept it nice looking you would enjoy it more but trust me I bought my MX with some RICER WHITE interior and I go soooo sick of it and it just flat out DOESN"T LOOK GOOD; I'm in the process of getting some stock peices back. BUT, if thats what you want to do go for it, everyone has different tastes. just trying to make you think about it before you regret doin somin you wish you didn't!!! JUST MY 2 cents.
when it comes to "ricer" and "gay" again it all comes down to taste. IMO as long as it ain't yellow its all good :wink:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Thumbs Up

Post by Thumbs Up »

LOL yellow has got to be the worst !
* Stay Clean *
vtmx3

painted?

Post by vtmx3 »

I would have to agree with Thumbs Up. I mean really, if you have a clean interior that is black, why ruin it by doing something like painting it. I see all of these's mx-3's on cardomain.com that just make me want to puke! Even painting your speaker covers is pushing a little twards the ricer thing in my opinion. You see all of these cars with painted dashes lcd screens lambo doors 18" wheels LIME GREEN PAINT rediculos grafix.

Ok now I'm just getting mad. :evil:
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Why not focus your ideas, energy and funds on things that really matter. A highly tuned and well performing engine, good suspension, quality tires etc will never go out of fashion. But I guess there are those who are all show and no go.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i dont see painting some of the interior as bad as long as you go with the same color as the body
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

What would be the point or aim in painting interior parts? Is there a particular theme or concept that you're trying to emulate? If we look at some of the more classic rides (BMW, Mercedes or RX8 for that matter) that are most probably out of the financial range of the majority of us we'd find that speaker grills, dashboards and instrumant panels do not have that "painted look". You would come to see that they follow some pretty basic ideas or schemes. At the heart of it all is shear simplicity. The appearance and presence that everything inside the car belongs there, that there is a flow, that not one particular thing is going to stand out like a sore thumb and take away from the overall theme. There is an esthetics in the original design that sets our particular ride apart from others. Simple, clean lines where everything there seems to belong there. Keep it clean, keep it original, keep it Mazda!

A little more than 2 pennies.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
luke_mx3

Post by luke_mx3 »

The reason I am going to paint my dash is because I think it sets it apart from everyone elses plain dashes (I live in a really small town) and I am only 16 and broke from buying my car. So if I can do a cheap DIY mod then I will.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

i concur with thumbs up lol.

painting your interior unless its tasteful is for teenageers who have no taste and are too cheap to do any REAL modifications to their car so they decide to ruin their interior to impress their friends.

Once you get out of HS you'll realize how stupid it looks and want to return it to stock.

Only paint that I can see for the interior is if you either want to change your tan itnerior to black or blue or something OR if you want to change some of the accents to silver or gunmetal or some kind of metallic color. Carbon fiber isn't my taste but doesn't look bad if its done right.

painting interior peices bright yellow, red, white, bright blue, green, purple is just stupid IMHO But its your car to ruin, not mine, do what you want.

Example of IMO a tastefully done paitned interior (its silver):

I like this interior b/c it has a momo steering wheel w/silver grip, the paint matches it perfectly. ALso has the SRD e-brake handle which matches the rest. Overall very well done, stuff matches & it wasn't overdone (IE painting the gauge bezel peice or entire dashboard).
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

And I myself have "painted" my interior. Actually I dyed it, but its still in a spray-can.

Here is a pic of my "dyed" B-pillar and recovered headliner:

IMO the light-tan/beige color A & B pillars and the nasty colored headliner just didn't do it for me. Didn't go with the black interior at all so I changed it. I still need to remove the sunroof surround & srpaydye that with some fabric dye but it won't turn out all that great unless I heavily spray it.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Appearance”