MX-3 1.6L DOHC fuel dump fouling out

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
weaponR

MX-3 1.6L DOHC fuel dump fouling out

Post by weaponR »

i bought a 94 mx-3, and it was running fine has 112000 miles on it and after a while it became harder to start and when you gave it gas it would hesitate for a few seconds then rev up. and driving down the road it was getting too much fuel and running like crap. the car is in time and is getting excellent spark. but the car is to the point where it hits a few times then it is flooded out, it was a gradual decline to it's current non running status, when it was still running you could unplug the throttle positioning sensor and it would still run the same(crappy) and when you plugged it back in it did not idle up then settle into normal idol, would it be my throttle positioning sensor causing a mass fuel dump or would it be the fuel pressure regulator? or maybe something else. main issue is fuel dump. any information would be a great help to me.
and if you have a throttle positioning sensor for sale let me know
numbers are posted under my wtb ad in for sale forum
thanks
WeaponR
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I have the same prob on my BP. I have changed my TPS and it didnt do anything. What did help a lot was changing the temp sensor for the ECU. It starts perfect now but anything over 2,500rpms its running rich. I will hopefully find out more about it tomorrow so keep and eye on my topic " BP mx-3 troubles" or something like that.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Dont own a BP, but what if you run a adjustable fuel pressure redulator?? That way you could control the fuel??
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Sorry its a adjustable fuel pressure regulator!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”