casualties of the snow...

Off-Topic Discussions
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

man, how come my pics never work. what the heck am I doing wrong. If you want to see these goto: http://www.msnusers.com/mypicturesofrimsforsale
if someone can tell me how to get these to show up on the bb, that would rock cause I got more pics i'd ike to post
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

Tis sad that there's yet to be enough snow here for any amount of fun (other than seeing what little has fallin!). Still waiting for the 'big one', lol.
However, I broke my lower control arm after a full night of delivering pizza in the snow and ice, in 2001. (only one other delivery car could deliver under the circumstances) I was driving home, when I slid into a curb and broke my pass lower control arm. I then drove to Nashville with it broke! got lucky that time! *no other damage has occured!!
I love this car in the snow!!! handles better than anything I saw, lol to those poor people...
note: I don't deliver pizza anymore, lol-got a beater for that last year! 89 nissan sentra. it had lots of heart, but the body was a tetnis nightmare!
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Washed my car yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks to discover some damage winter has done to it...not alot but still makes me sad :cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... crack2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... crack1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... /chip2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/ ... /chip1.jpg
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

More winter damage.
1. about two weeks ago I lost half of my front lip, ripped right off after I got nailed by a flying ice ball
2. Hit a nice bump, then went down into a nice pot hole. Know something is wrong. Everytime I drive into my driveway (over the bump from street to driveway) I hear, and feel a large klunk
3. I was in a nice snow cover'd parking lot, and slid onto a snowbank. It was the slowest crash, took about ten seconds (I move about 15 in that time), then bump and I was up on the snowbank. Bumper was bent out of shape - but when the mx was pulled off the snowbank the bumper just bounced back into shape!!
GO MX-3!!!!!! sweeet :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Typhoonk wrote:. Bumper was bent out of shape - but when the mx was pulled off the snowbank the bumper just bounced back into shape!!
GO MX-3!!!!!! sweeet :lol:
theres a urethane bumper for ya.... if it was fiberglass you woulda been pissed :D
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I have a 1990 Mazda 626 hatch as a beater, it would be great snow driving is the handbrake worked :( The Mx-3 isn't as much fun in the snow as it used to be becuase of the ZE, too much power makes it hard to done some nice e-brake slides, the front tires don't end up pulling the car forward, but slip really easy and cause the car to just keep on sliding, thats even with snow tires, which the ZE ate through last year.

I love the 626, it's never let me down to where i needed to go.
About 3-4 weeks ago, we had this huge snowstorm over the weekend an I was at home in Port Colborne like I do every weekend or "weekend" and planned to head up back to Mississauga (about 1.5hr drive) Sunday night. On the drive up, on 3 occasions i just happen to visually miss a person sliding out of control, one one of them got damage by hittingf the guard rail. Anyway, personally, i couldnt believe it, it was the first time i've seen a major highway completely unplowed, and this was at like 10pm. What is normally a 3-lane 100km/h (usually traffic goes about 120+) highway, was a makeshift 2-lanes of traffic going about 50km/h. There were a few times, if traffic was shifted over enough, i would make my own fast lane, but the best part was i was crusing with traffic for a bit, couldnt find a way to get by, and an Avalanche decided to fly by, part on the shoulder, part of the slow lane. So my crazy instincts tell me to follow him. And i should also mention that the 626 has new snow tires on all 4's install in fall, and visibility was pretty good too. So we're flying down (in relation to the rest of the traffic, i don't call 80 "flying"), half onthe road, half on the shoulder at 80km/h+, feel the snow hitting the bottom of the car, than a what i believe was a Mazda B-Series 4x4 join us. I could image what they were thinking, and the prople we were passing: "What's he think he's in, a truck?". It was a blast and i enjoyed it, never experience anything like it before.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Off-Topic”