ready to start!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
vtmx3

ready to start!

Post by vtmx3 »

ok, I got the corky bell book. I've saved up what I think is a fair amount of money for my prodject $2,500.I have a shop with a lift ,tools ,engine lift all that stuff.

Now, I've made up my mind, I'm goind to do the much needed engine swap.

I would like to hear from some of you who have done the b6ze to turbo. I would say that I need a good engine to start, right? Well it looks like I'm going to have to go with a used one from japan. I was really hoping for a remanufactured engine, but, they are a little on the pricy side. But I'm sure that a used one would be way better then what I have now. Now about the turbo. What do I need? I know about the 323 turbo manifold, but what about the turbo? Can I use a better turbo then what is it? The vj jv 11 what ever it is? I would only have like 130hp with the stock 323 stuff right? I admit that I havent read the book by corky bell yet (just got it today , I dont know just give me your thought's positive or negitive. Is adding a turbo even worth it? So please you b6t owners add just one more to your club! Any thing you might have to say would be much appriciated.
Thanks.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”