Driver's window hard to roll up; how to fix it?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mamoo

Driver's window hard to roll up; how to fix it?

Post by mamoo »

Hopefully there's a simple fix for this one: the window on the driver's side rolls down okay, but getting it back up takes a lot of work.

Any way I can make it smoother?
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

don't know, but if you find out let me know, I have the same problem I have to give it some help gettin up...Maybe some lube on the track and stuff will help
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

HAHA....I've got the same problem also...window rolls down fine...and starts rolling up fine, but as I get closer to the top / fully closed position it gets alot harder....been this way for over the past 4 years....never did anything about it :shrug:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Silicone spray will fix it temporarily. You can get it at an autoparts store. Mine has done it for a while too but I really have'nt done anything about it either. For the cause, my guess would be the rubber trim on the door has aged and bemoce brittle. When the window contacts the rubber trim, it slows down dramatically. When the silicone is applied, they roll up like new. 8) (atleast for me)

When the window is down inside the door, spray all the rubber that contacts with the glass.
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

dont know why i never asked this question...lol...has been a problem for 2 yrs.
-Steve
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

haha i've had this same problem i notice that when it rains it rolls right up. could be that the water lubricates something on the inside. i'm going to take my door apart one of these days and check it out
MX-3 Caper

Post by MX-3 Caper »

I have the same problem, but I find that it gets worse when the windows are dirty, when clean, they roll up with ease.
That lube sounds like it's worth a shot though, thanks for the tip :D
Aaron
96' 1.6 DOHC
mamoo

Post by mamoo »

Funny. Sounds like Broken Windows Anonymous in here.

"Hi, I'm Bob and I've had a screwed-up window for six years ..."

"Hi, Bob!"
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

thats gotta be it, my weater stripping and seals are all fudged up cause the previous owner tried to replace them himself. Now they're really messed up. Thanks for the info
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

its and easy fix the screws that hold your window to the track that makes it go up and down are loose causing it to shift to the front and bind up when you roll the window up......all you have to do is take your door panel off and the palstic underneath and tighten the screws that hold the window to the track.....mine got so bad that it broke the window mechinism and i had to replace it thats how i found out what it was
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

if this were the case then why would it go up easily in the rain
-Steve
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

damn silicone spray works like a charm no more asking the girlfriend to steer while i use both hands to get my freakin window up and no more ashing in the ashtray...woooohooooo :lol:
-Steve
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

phillyMX3mayn wrote:damn silicone spray works like a charm no more asking the girlfriend to steer while i use both hands to get my freakin window up and no more ashing in the ashtray...woooohooooo :lol:
LMFAO!

Anyways, another thing is if the silicon spray doesen't do it for you, there is a long metal bar inside the window, there is lubricant that is already on it, it gets built up in the 1 spot, just take your fingers and push it around. I actually took apart my passengers side power window switch and cleaned the contacts seeing as it woulden't go up, would go down fine ,but not up. So I took apart my drivers side door aswell and fixed my slow window while I was there :welder:
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

phillyMX3mayn wrote:if this were the case then why would it go up easily in the rain
because its lubracating the stripping so its no longer binding. i have the same problem. Mazda should do a recall their are so manny problems with this. i broke my crank off and no have a new crank that resembles a shinny pair of vise grips.
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

graphite lubricant seems to work quite nicely. it's a fine powder, to my surprise. But it's been good to me so far.
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”