engine swap, need advice im a newb!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
liljm0ney

engine swap, need advice im a newb!

Post by liljm0ney »

hey guys im a new proud owner of my second MX3...i have a 1993 V6 GS and well i have alot of problems with the engine....example oil leaking like crazy the f---in spark plus r filled with oil and so on.....so i was thinkin of doing a engine swap.....from wut i heard the KLZE is the best for my car...but i dont know where i can find a GOOD and CHEAP engine and exactly wut kinds of wires and stuff i have 2 buy so the new engine will fit and run fine wit the car! so any 1 who can help me i would b most grateful 2 them cuz i wanna keep my car alive! THNX
Macen

Post by Macen »

Read the FAQ or use the search function. You'll find a lot info about engine swaps.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
liljm0ney

Post by liljm0ney »

well i have a question bout the KLZE engine! exactly wut car does it come from? and exactly which 1 would b the best 1 to get? would b a great help if some 1 could answer that for me!thnx!
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

It comes from the ms8, mx6, eunos 800 just to name a few. It only came in jdm cars. The one to get that installs the easiest is the one with the curved neck intake manifold. So when you are calling companies that import them, just ask them if they have the curved neck one available. All your need besides the engine is a klze ecu (kl31 or kl36 is the one you want). And i see you are in florida just check the phone book and im sure you will find jdm engine importers close to you. The best way to get an engine is to hand pick it, and dont cheap out on an engine cause you usually get what you pay for with these things.
Last edited by mxmaz on February 8th, 2005, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

cmon bro, listen to what ppl are tellin ya. read the FAQs, it tells you where to get them and for how much.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”