Oil in Exhaust

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93_4Banger

Oil in Exhaust

Post by 93_4Banger »

There is oil deposits in my exhaust and i can't find where its from ive got a 1.6 L and the same thing is happening to my buddy with a V6 1.8 thanx guys
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Not 100% sure but ithink it could mean your valve seals are finished!!
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

it could also be ur piston rings so if its that ur better wrapping the car around a poll unless u wanna spend a s--- load of cash
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap, engine swap,

or you could just get a new head from one of the guys that already did the swap.......
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

theres just a meer bit of residue its not like im puffing out white smoke or anything
Tric

Post by Tric »

if its just a tinny bit its likey just from cold starts!! I mean some new cars burn a bit of oil when started cold!
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

if it only puffs when cold starting then it has to be your valve seals. do a compression check and you should be able to find out if its your valve seals or your piston rings. if you could fool the wife, it could be an opportunity to switch to a bp lol :lol:
bp mx-3

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”