Where to buy bushings online?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Mastiff

Where to buy bushings online?

Post by Mastiff »

I usually order all my new MX-3 parts from Discount Auto Parts, but they don't offer any bushings for the car. Can somebody please tell me where I can find them? I need bushings for the rear suspension, I would assume that the best is to change everything at once, right?

Thanks in advance!
Tor the Mazda Viking
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I dont think there is other options than Mazda bushings for our car.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Which bushings? Mazdaspeed rear arm kit seems to be the only direct replacement for the rear. The cost of the mazdaspeed kit will probably kill you though. Sway bar bushings can be found at Energysupsension in there universal applications.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I have a spare set of teh bushign kit I was selling as a groupbuy. I was holding em for a buyer but he never paid and I forgot completely. I found them in my basement just this past week looking for some transmission parts for my rebuild.

Full front control-arm, rear trailing link & shift extension rod kit
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Interesting :)

on the front control arm, is there more bushings in your kit than in the SRD one?

also, shift extension rod bushing, same as SRD?

how much for the kit?

I`m doing my suspension now, so it might be nice (got almost everything from SRD, so thats why Im asking)

if its mostly the same I would be interested in the rear trailing link bushings, if you sell those seperate :)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

its basically the same as the srd but they are urethane not nytrile

control arms Image

rear upper trailing link Image

and the extension rod bushing i have a how-to for installin here:

http://www.projectmazda.com/howto/bushings/

PM me if your interested & stuff
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I like your nick, man! You've got to have norwegian roots! :D Anyway, turned out that it's not the regular bushings, it's the stabilizer rod, and I think that comes with bushings. So maybe I can find those at Energysupsension? In Norway that thing will cost me around 150 dollars, perhaps it would be cheaper to call a Mazda dealer in the US.
Tor the Mazda Viking
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Wow you got me. Most ppl are stupid and think I'm black & from NYC. When I play online games w/this moniker I get ppl calling me racist remarks all the time when I'm kicking a--.

Actually i'm 1/4 Norwegian and like 1/8 or 1/16 Icelandic.

When you say stabilizer rod..do u mean the swaybar? the endlinks on those things are difficult to buy anywhere. I called up Energy suspension & Prothane & a couple other comapnies that make bushings to see if they had any endlinks that would fit and they all never replied or just told me none of their applications would work. OE Mazda ones are expensive and hard to get. NO one makes aftermarket ones, but you can create your own using solid industrial links & some nuts to lock them into place. I made some. I'll have to get the part numbers but I bought the parts from grainger industrial supply (company in USA). U can order stuff online via their site too but I have to get the proper part numbers for em.
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

If you need the swaybar end links, pm me and i'll give you a contact in canada where I found mine. Mavda wants about 80usd+shipping, but I got these shipped from canada to the US for 67usd...Lemme know :)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Gro Harlem, who doesn't know about the UN's former WHO-director? Silly people...

93SOHC, you've got a P.M.
Tor the Mazda Viking

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”