VRIS questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
vamperism

VRIS questions

Post by vamperism »

Okay, I've done a search and haven't found what I'm looking for.

(1) I've got an MS8 Intake Manifold (Strait Neck) and I'm changing that with a Millenia Intake Manifold. Can I move over the VRIS Shutter Valve Actuators and Solenoids from the MS8 to the Millenia?

(2) Are these parts identical to the K8 engine's VRIS components? The VRIS #2 Solenoid valve from the MS8 has a broken fitting and thought about using the one off my K8 since I don't want to spend a million bucks to get a new one?

(3) What overhaul gasket kit would be better to get? (+95 Millenia 2.5L or +95 MX-6) I think the Millenia because of the square runners on the Intake Manifold.

Hopefully this all makes sense and that I get a response. I seem to be the master of asking questions that no one can answer.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

the vris solenoids are the same on all K-series v6 engines so just use a spare one you have.

And why would you swap all that stuff from a klze manifold to the millenia? its pretty much exactly teh same intake manifold & all of the brackets are also the same on it. I have a KLZE one and a Millenia manifold and i can't really tell a difference between them cept the lack of an EGR hole drilled in the KLZE one.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
vamperism

Post by vamperism »

Thanks for the quick answer!!!

The Millenia Intake Manifold I bought didn't come with anything. No VRIS Actuators, VRIS solenoids, Brackets, Vacuum chambers, tubing, cover plate (access middle VRIS valve), etc. It came with the EGR but that doesn't do me any good obviously.

I can't see how's you'd think the MS8 (Strait Neck) is the same as a Millenia. They are VERY different.
Last edited by vamperism on January 25th, 2005, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

for your question number 3..you have to buy the gaskets for the millenia exactly for the reason you said...square runners
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I believe the vacuum chamber is different. Then there all the little brackets and things. When I thought about just swapping the straight neck ZE stuff on tothe curved one it didn't look like it would work very well.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the vacuum chamber should work since I had one on my millenia manifold that came from a klze
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I bought a KLZE curved-neck manifold from someone on here with a busted #1 VRIS actuator/vaccuum thingy. I went to my junkyard and found a millenia w/a decent manifold. I pulled off the actuator and it fit my KLZE manifold just fine.

I honestly can't tell a difference between the klze and millenia manifolds besides the absense of the EGR port on the KLZE one.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

There are two KLZE intake manifolds- the straight and the curved. The curved is the same as the millenia. I don't think the straight neck parts swap over to the curved was what I was saying.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
vamperism

Post by vamperism »

Well physically it seems that most of this stuff is swapping over okay except the VRIS #2 Actuator. The actuator rod doesn't really fit the valve linkage peg very well. I might have to modify the actuator's bracket somehow so that it fits on the correct angle. Perhaps I can take some pictures when I get home from work tonight.

Gro Harlem, my problem isn't moving stuff from a KLZE Curve neck IM (Eunos800 or Xedos9) to a Millenia IM. My problem is taking stuff off a Strait Neck KLZE IM (Efini MS8) and attempting to put it on a US Spec Millenia IM so that I can install the engine in my MX-3.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Yeah he's right. I think people are getting confused on what Intake Manifolds are which.

Curve Neck Intake Manifold: J-Spec (Eunos800, Xedos 9, Millenia) \ US-Spec Mazda Millenia.

Check this page for information:
http://www.geocities.com/viv95pgt/klze.html
Last edited by wyldside on January 26th, 2005, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Here's a picture to visually explain...
MS8 Intake Manifold -TOP
Millennia Intake Manifold - BOTTOM
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”