So the baby blew a gasket...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ClutchedMX

So the baby blew a gasket...

Post by ClutchedMX »

No biggy actually, i was just waiting to drive the 1.8 into the ground for an excuse to swap it :)

anyways, can i get some advice on which engine gives more bang/buck, trusted sellers would be greatly appreciated.

also, i've already looked into the majority of guides on this site, but if there are any general tips you swappers have for me that'd be choice :)

thanks.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

dude you are so lucky your k87 finally gave out..mines starting to backfire..LOL but well its still kinda new. I would siuggest a klde from a probe gt why? because they are everywhere and the ecus are there. Now u can get a klze which is WAY better 200 hp stock. Can sure beat any ricer that gets in your way, but good luck finding the ecu at a low price. The ze is more expensive and may be harder to find. I have heard great things on boosted kldes.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

are you in washington state or DC?

i have a spare KLZE for sale if you are in DC area that i'll even install for u. My buddy with a mx-6 is storing it at my house but he wrecked the car and now i'm stuck with this motor that i have no use for.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
ClutchedMX

Post by ClutchedMX »

state :cry:
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

noyoan usa is where I got mine. A few other people have also, all with good luck. I think it was $1000 shipped.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

hgallegos915 wrote: I have heard great things on boosted kldes.
Like?
You can push more PSI on a KLDE but it dosent mean you are going to get more power off of a turbo on a KLDE than on a KLZE.
Remember, the more compression, the more power you get from a turbo and thats where the KLZE wins

Anyway, cant you just use a KLDE ecu on a KLZE?
As I remember, someone mentioned that both ECUs are the same. Am I right?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote: Anyway, cant you just use a KLDE ecu on a KLZE?
As I remember, someone mentioned that both ECUs are the same. Am I right?
No - the fuelling maps are different, and they require different VAFs.

The VRIS points are probably different, too.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
ClutchedMX

Post by ClutchedMX »

right, right. mostly i am just wondering which distributor i can trust the most.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”