ITB Set-up... SO SO HOT!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

ITB Set-up... SO SO HOT!

Post by atlantamx3 »

This guy works at RSpeed, which is a Miata tuning shop here in Atlanta.

Here is his website, with morepics of the Engine:

http://www.thebluepotato.net/engineframes.htm

DROOL! :o

I wish it could be made to work with the BP in My MX-3! :twisted: [/img]
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

BTW,

ITB= Individual Throttle Body (If you could not figure that out...)

:P
~Perry
Please visit
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

that is freakin rad!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

atlantamx3 wrote:BTW,

ITB= Individual Throttle Body (If you could not figure that out...)

:P
Isn't is IRTB????

I'll let you correct yourself....
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

i don't see why it wouldnt be possible. Just very expensive... but i say get a Haltech or something along those lines and go for it!
BTW IIRC by putting TWM ITB's on an S2000 and after tuning they (TWM) got as much as 40hp and 30tq to the wheels at various points in the powerband. pretty impressive...

and the only place i've seen them called IRTB's was on a miata forum. I think ITB's makes more sense and is used more frequently
Isn't is IRTB????

B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Shady469 wrote:i don't see why it wouldnt be possible. Just very expensive... but i say get a Haltech or something along those lines and go for it!
BTW IIRC by putting TWM ITB's on an S2000 and after tuning they (TWM) got as much as 40hp and 30tq to the wheels at various points in the powerband. pretty impressive...

and the only place i've seen them called IRTB's was on a miata forum. I think ITB's makes more sense and is used more frequently
Isn't is IRTB????

Did you look at the site? Cause I was sure it said IRTB on the site even. And Gen1GT on the Clubprotege.com fourms says IRTB along with all of the other highly involbed N/A power people. So IRTB is actually the more common and correct saying.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

WTF does the "R" stand for then?

:shock:
~Perry
Please visit
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

How do you keep dust & dirt out of your engine with no filters on the throttle bodies?
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

BuGS wrote:Isn't is IRTB????

Well here is what the guy was saying in his site... i Dont see IRTB anywhere...
New Beast Breathing Fire - May 14, 2004: My new project is just about complete. I decided to sell the Supercharger and pursue a unique power upgrade that I had only seen in print from Japan to date. Individual (fuel injected) Throttle Bodies have been around the Eunos enthusiasts for years in Japan, but sadly the US market never saw a unified kit made for the masses. While we (the US market for example) continue to place value and our egos in HP numbers, I wanted something that not only sounded good but something that was rare and unique - and yet allow me to use this as a daily driver if needed. What you see here is the first R.S. Aizawa ITB 1.8 NA8 kit on a US Miata. Coupled with the very strong and versatile HKS F-Con Pro ECU, this setup is a very cohesive and integrated that works practically flawlessly. More info to follow shortly. For now there is some engine clean-up that is needed with some vac lines and wiring looms.

AMENDMENT: Added a Koyo dual radiator after a freak accident when my original radiator exploded during idle testing with the ITB setup. We later found out that the pesky Mazdaspeed 1.3 bar cap I had been using was just too much for the OEM radiator (was fine up to this point for 4 years). Thank god we shut the engine down and closed up the runners as soon as the explosion happened. Very scary stuff. Stick with your factory radiator cap!

March 14, 2004: I found a used Racing Beat stainless header that I am in simply in love with. Excellent construction and incredible mid to high torque and HP increase, this set of pipes was exactly what the Tater needed with the upcoming ITB setup. This was also one of the easiest headers I have installed to date. RB really put some money into development on this one.
And-- when you arent at a show-- you can put filters on them:
~Perry
Please visit
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well on the left side it says "RS Aizawa IRTB Install" THen he uses ITB in the explanation. But ya I have always seen people use IRTB because thats what the guys who I talk to use. But I guess people just use ITB for short for some reason...
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

they need to make some for the K series motors
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

They have them for V8's

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/applic ... 8_kits.htm

SO they most make something for a V6 that maybe you could mod...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”