remanufactured engines

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
vtmx3

remanufactured engines

Post by vtmx3 »

why are the 1.8 v6's less exspensive then the 1.6 b6ze? I find this a little odd. Did mazda make more 1.8 then 1.6?

Well...see ya'
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

b/c the 1.8 is a worthless engine and no one buys them b/c of how easy the 2.5 is to bolt in.

at least the 1.6 dohc has potential and other applications (festiva, 323, miata)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
vtmx3

remanufactured engines

Post by vtmx3 »

Thats about what I figured, I guess. By the way, I have looked just about everywhere on the internet, and I can not find a 1.6L dohc remanufactured engine for inder 500 dollars. I have spent almost an entire month trying to find a sweet deal with no luck at all. Is this what I'm expected to have to pay? That seems like a lot of money for a 10 year old engine platform with not much power.

Well, If anyone knows of a good place, please, let me know.

Thanks.
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

if you're gonna buy an engine to replace your current 1.6L I4, then go ahead and spend the extra cash and get somthing worth it, you can pick up a B6-T on corksport for $799. or you can wait til I drop my B6-T in, and I'll sell you my old B6-ZE :D
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
vtmx3

remanufactured engines

Post by vtmx3 »

Corksport does have a b6-t but it's $899.00 + shipping, it should be free for that kind of price. I also don't see anywhere where it say's that it's been remanufactured. Also, I'm a little confused here, a b6-t? Isn't that the 323 gt gtx engine? Or have they taken my engine and put the 323 turbo on it? I know that they are practically the same engine, but, they dont really look the same completely. What it is that I'm trying to do is start fresh with a remanufactured engine that I can build during the winter here. I was planing on going the whole 323 turbo manifold route.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know what it is I want to do, and how I would like to do it. But I just might be a little confused about the whole dam thing. I was once told that "vision without knowlege, is like trying to drive a boat on dry land".

I'm looking to do this for around $1,500.00 or so.

well..............see ya
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

maybe a rebuilt BP motor
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
vtmx3

remanufactured engines

Post by vtmx3 »

Sure that would be the best thing for me to do. But I have been told many times here on this site that the 1.6 dohc to 1.8 BP dohc is quite the job. I don't want to have to mess with my computer and all that wiring junk. I mean if it can work, And its not a job that would have me writing on this forum every night asking for help, then I would love to do that swap. The bp? I have seen thouse on the internet for not all that much.

Well, I don't know. Thanks for the Bp idea but I 'm not sure if that will work for me or not.
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

is the b6t a direct replacement for the 1.6dohc and does anyone have any pictures or notes on this swap?
-Steve

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”