baffle rings

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MarkMoore

baffle rings

Post by MarkMoore »

i always see/hear people using/talking about baffle rings for their speakers... now i assume that the idea is to "build-up" the speaker's pedastool, thereby lessening distortion which would equal better sound...

some one school me on baffle rings... tell me what they do, how to make 'em, etc. etc.
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

It's not really a baffle. Most people just make the rings for the speakers in the doors, just to space it out so the speaker doesn't hit the window.
I just used some MDF board and cut out the rings with a jigsaw. Or u could cut out some 1/2" plastic too. I tink you can actually buy the plastic rings if you look hard enough
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

MDF board?
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

mdf=medium density fiberboard

if you want it, go to a lumber place and ask for mdf, only problem is, it'll probably be hard to get it in anything smaller than 8ftx4ft sheets. you could always go to a craft store and looke for wood rings there (i seem to remember seeing them in a Michael's once) but really, anything to raise it up would work. and if you speaker can sit all the way in without hitting the window, then there really isn't a need for the rings.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

go to your local stereo store and buy them. They are plastic, pre-drilled, and cost like $5 each. Metra makes them for any vehicle and thats usually who the installers buy their instal products from. I've seen them at wal-mart too, so for those who might not be equipped with a jig saw or want to buy a sheet of medite, this is the best way to go. plus if there is moisture in the door, mdf will degrade and mold over time, where plastic will not.(and for those sticky about every ounce of weight, the plastic ones are way lighter :D )

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”