Ticketed for projectors

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
hgallegos915

Ticketed for projectors

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok so this truck with bright lights signals me for light change...I am using my dimmed lights. The truck flashed lights also police car flashed them i guess my lights may be off a bit..oks so he busts a u turn and follows me . I am doing around 45 mph lower to 40 without hitting brake. Hes like you know whjy i stopped you., I said yeah..my headlight change? and he said yes so i took the ticket and decideed not to argue. Im going to court and well probably will lose lol but hey isnt this worth foighting. The judge is judge lujan ( he married me and my wife) And im taking the headlight with me to show they are legal. Also I will mention the other trucks headlights where also very bright so i flashed. Well see what happens. I fi pay the ticket well too bad. Defensive driving it is hehe. ny imput on this? this is on texas. I wonder if i even have a chance.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Taras

Post by Taras »

Just be reasonable, don't argue. I doubt that flashing lights is against the law. Did the officer even mentioned anything about the legality of your lights? If not, do not even bring it up. It is a bit unclear from your thread as to what was Cop's problem.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
cduBBz'915

Post by cduBBz'915 »

so you flashed back at him? also i heard that it is illegal to flash back. damn man that sucks......El Paso cops are pigs
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah i flashed back, cop didnt mention anything aboiut them being illegal. Just said ( you failed to lower beams when signaled) he didnt say anything about me flashing back. Which I did. I didnt know it was illegal. I can afforf the ticket but i wonder if its even worth fighting or if they will let me take defensive driving.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Your obviously in the wrong. You have custom lights on your car that were not on your car from the factory.

I would say that most liekly they are not aligned properly.

Sometimes cops don't like when people flash there lights cause that is a signal to warn other drivers that ther is a cop around.

The other trucks lights were bright for a couple reasons, 1 your car sits directly in line with the trucks headlight beams, therefore seeming brighter. if you got down to that level on any car the headlights would be bright.
ALso he flashed you because yoru lights at the dim settign were as I mentioned probably not aimed properly therfore seeming bright to him.

I would just suck it up and pay the ticket. But since you feel you have the ins with the judge, sure go for it.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

yeah, chances are they weren't aimed right. after i put mine in, i'm going to have a shop check the aim for me probably, if i can convice the guy to do it for cheap. it shouldn't take much. as for whether or not to argue...that's all up to you.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

I have made a new Sticky for headlight aiming information. This information has been posted many times before, hopefully be helpful.

You know that your lights could become out of alignment after an accident, change of tires, change of tire pressure, load in your car, change of a lightbulb, hitting a large pothole. Aim your lights properly, it's your safety and others.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Tric

Post by Tric »

you said your ticket is for "failed to lower beams when signaled" then that means you where just charged with not turning your high beams off. thats all that ticket means. so the cop didn't ask you about your headlights because he just thought you had your highbeams on!! LOL
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

god, that cop would have a field day here, people drive with either 1. their lights way off of where they need to be or 2. high beams on all the time (because their low beams are burnt out) gotta love rednecks
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

so what excuse can I giuve thje judge...anyone? Assuming the cop tought i hasd the high beams..,i wont even mentioned impropperly aimed lights. Im looking for any excuse LOL If im guilty oh wellll to bad ill take drivers course and have the ticket dismissed.
-hec

Taras

Post by Taras »

Tell him, you were warning the truck driver, made sure he saw you, that is why you flashed.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Tric

Post by Tric »

so how did you day go in court??
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

bleh they gave me 3 options.. 1 fight, 2 pay and 1 month of probation and it woudlnt go on the record and 3rd pay for coyrt costs + drivers ed class..which they probide free lunch bufee...im gonna stuff myself there HAHA
oh and i re aimed them lower..now i cant see crap.
-hec

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”