power windows

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
sloggy

power windows

Post by sloggy »

Hi, does anyone there have any tips on power windows? My drivers window is being held in place by a piece of wood, when thats removed the window just falls!! The motor makes the correct sound, so I guess thats ok.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Need more info. Does the motor sound as if its straining? Is the glass getting cought in places?
sloggy

Post by sloggy »

Hi Mike, The motor sounds fine, the window doesn't get caught at all as its not being held up by anything except the piece of wood.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

You'll have to remove the door trim and see what's what inside. See Page S10.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Like Ian said slip off the door trim and have a good look see whats actually causing the problem. Its simple enough to tinker behind the doors. Snapped wire connecting to motor. Clamp that is attatched to the runner rail. Could be a few things. Dont go to mazda for parts, they will gladly pull your pants down and have their way with you. Get down to a scrappers.
Lets us know what you see.
sloggy

Post by sloggy »

The problem is this....the cable had got caught up inside the motor and has become very tangled. I've currently got it hanging from my shed door hoping that it will straighten ok.

By the way, the breakers at crawley have a 323, does anyone know if the mechanism from a 323 would be the same as an MX-3????
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

sloggy wrote: By the way, the breakers at crawley have a 323, does anyone know if the mechanism from a 323 would be the same as an MX-3????
Threy are different part numbers, so I would say almost certainly not.
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
sloggy

Post by sloggy »

Thats a shame. How about the flasher unit from a 323? Many thanks to everyone for their help
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

sloggy wrote:Thats a shame. How about the flasher unit from a 323? Many thanks to everyone for their help
The flasher is the same part number as the 323 from 6/94 to 7/95; not before or after. Earlier or later may fit and work, but may not.
sloggy

Post by sloggy »

Many thanks. Found a compatible one at the breakers. Also modified a 626 window mechanism so my window now works too. Slowly getting there.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Glad you got it sorted.

:D :D

Return to “European MX-3 Community”