bronze oil bushings install help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
justintoxicated

bronze oil bushings install help

Post by justintoxicated »

i just bought the srd shifter extension rod bushing, and the corksport bronze oil shifter bushings...i found a good walkthrough for installation of the rod bushing here http://www.projectmazda.com/howto/ but i cant find any info on how to install the bronze oil bushings anywhere...i dont even know where to begin with these things, can anyone point me to a walkthrough or have any info for me on the install...my mechaninc friend will be helping me with this...but he wasnt sure how the bushings are installed either any help? thanks in advance :shock:
Got Rice? You do!
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

From what I understand, it's a fairly easy process. (Haven;t done it myself), but here's Luc's general instructions:

http://cafe.rapidus.net/stpierlu/shiftbush.htm
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
justintoxicated

Post by justintoxicated »

thanks jeff...you rock :) that is a cool site. anyone else installed these? or have a little more detailed explanation?
Got Rice? You do!
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Theres absolutely nothing to it, unless you have a pacesetter shortshifter or other Shortshifter with a diffrent inner diameter than stock, you just pop the old ones out and the new ones in instead..

Then follow the controlrod to the other end where its bolted to the tranny and once again pop the old ones out and the new ones in..

You just need to unbolt two nuts and put them back on again, thats one in each end :wink:
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
lstpier
Supporting Member

Post by lstpier »

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”