max psi?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
What

Post by What »

One of the worst things about high mileage motors and boost is blow-by. That said, I've turboed lots of high mileage motors, or added more boost to high mileage motors with good success. Losing two pistons would be a result of tuning and lack thereof.
TEAMpK

Post by TEAMpK »

I tuned...it was running good. The motor jsut didn't hold up. I am not saying I am against it. You just have to be careful and not overload the lil guy.
Tim - http://www.TEAMpK.net (formerly known as pkmx-3)
94 MX-3 RS JDM B6T
What

Post by What »

Guess I don't know how much boost you were running. Were the pistons cracked around the ringlands, say on the intake side?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

DRAG323 wrote:Stock valvetrain.
have you ever had it on a dyno to see if you were actually making power that high up?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Minimonster

Post by Minimonster »

RazorMX-3 wrote:So on a stock engine (1.6 DOHC) without any mods (stronger rods/pistons/bearings) you did 22psi??? That's awsome. Did you also leave the compression rate the same (9.0:1).
So in fact you can run everything under 22psi on just a stock engine??
One last question. I've done over 160000KM with my car, would this be a problem when turbocahrging it??
The engine was never opened so it was still stock everything. I think the t3 super 60 will flow more than the vj 20 (not sure) either way I stop at 22 psi. If you tune will it will handle it but I don't reccomend you live at than level constantly.

PS on the Miata side of things. Stock b6 are boosted to 20 psi on t3t\o4 b and e all the time here. Its all in how you control fuel and timing.
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
facko

fuel

Post by facko »

for all you guys that said ur running basically stock motor...what kinda fuel management upgrades did you have to use to keep the stock internals? im gonna but turboing my 1.6 dohc w/ a VJ-11 and i wasnt sure what kinda upgrades id need

Return to “Forced Induction”