won't start

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
cfabs54

won't start

Post by cfabs54 »

the car originally died after driving it hard then just cruising...restarted after 5 mins...got home...restarted in the morning...got out of driveway and died...put new battery in, new fuel pump and will crank but won't start...also there's no spark from the wires and i tested the ignition coil with a multimeter....new to using a meter!!! got 0 as a read from the coil...assuming the coil is bad...or maybe a short...i hear a an electrical crackle near the windshield when i put it on accessories...please help..ready to give up!!!!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

are you getting power to the coil? you might want to try to get ahold of a wiring diagram to help you trace the problem.

the "crackle" very well could be a short somewhere. find it fast if that's the case. i had to replace an entire haltech harness because i had a short and a large part burned up.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I'd check all the fuses, in and out of the car. Then I'd remove all the fuses from things like the radio and stuff I don't need to start the car.

Then I'd check the ignition wiring at the key to make sure it's doing what it's suppose to
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”