need help!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cozmo959

need help!!

Post by cozmo959 »

my car wont rev past 5500 rpm. when i hit that rpm point it studders boggs and backfires. i checked the ignition, timing is ok im using the kl36 ecu with the klze.i also tried using the k8 ecu. everything was good after i installed the motor but it suddenly i have this problem. anyone have any suggestions?
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Maybe u got a clogged cat.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
cozmo959

Post by cozmo959 »

i dont have a cat. converter
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

in my case, it was really bad spark plug wires , cam and rotor.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
cozmo959

Post by cozmo959 »

any other suggestions
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

I had the same problem. At first it only did it at high rpms, then it started to bog at lower rpms until it even bogged at idle. eventually the disty quit completely. If you press on the gas and it boggs then let off and hit the gas hard it should stop the bogging to a certain extent. atleast it worked on mine until it got so bad that i was only running off 4 cylinders. then it completely quit. if it follows this then it might be a good idea to fix the disty. i do not know what went wrong with the disty and why it quit. i haven't fixed it yet
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

cozmo959

Post by cozmo959 »

thanks....il try change my disty>
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

most likely o2 sensors. once the second VRIS opens...more fuel & air might throw off your failing o2's and cause the ECU to go berserk.

Consider yourself lucky...my car would stutter once i revved past 4000 rpm :( making my top speed i could drive about 70mph before the car would stutter like crap. New 02's fixed the problem and made me happy :P
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”