For Sale: Black 1992 MX-3 $400.00

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
MalibuMX-3

For Sale: Black 1992 MX-3 $400.00

Post by MalibuMX-3 »

Before you read on...I have to sell this car fast. I have no room for it. I figure that I've got my money's worth driving it for the last 13 years. It never let me down, and it still runs great but it has to go. So I'm sacraficing it to a good home. First $400.00 takes it. Hey all you out there in MX-3 Land - that means you! Check out the photos, and book your 1-way plane ticket to Los Angeles.

Hey MTV, Pimp My Ride! You're the pimp, I've got the ride to sell you. For sale now! Original owner, black 1992 Mazda MX-3, 4cyl, 151K mi, GOOD running condition, manual, rear spoiler, aftermarket alum. wheels w/ low profile tires. Original Interior: Black cloth with blue insets. Sony detachable face CD and speakers. Dash is perfect – it's been covered with a dash cover since new. Driver seat could use new padding. Minimal wear. All glass is excellent. Well cared for and always maintained. All metal is straight, some cosmetic dings.

Here's the issues: Needs a throttle body idle sensor - it has a rough idle (have Mazda dealer diagnostic stating exactly what it is), has an exhaust leak (my inspection & guess it's at the manifold/exhaust pipe connection - gasket leak), A/C works but stalls engine (probably due to the idle sensor problem), the driver's seat needs new padding - you could count the seat springs with your butt cheeks), stupid seat belt sensor beeps a lot. Needs new rear hatch gas shocks. Unfortunately, this car has been wrecked/ salvaged - but professionally repaired by a reputable Autobody company in Long Beach, CA. Has a 1993 front end (bumper, fenders, hood, headlights). Driver's door needs a slight alignment. Suspension handles great, drives perfectly straight and is responsive and tight, it just feels rough riding - could use a rebuild? Have all records. Other than the accident, this car has been loved and cared for since day one. But it's time for me to move on to a new Mazda ride...the Mazda-3/ 5 door.

This car would be perfect for the enthusiastic. Or in short, Perfect for Pimpin'! Price yet to be determined - will be straight Kelly blue book valued. All offers/inquires welcome. Will be sold as is , where is in Malibu, California.

Photos: http://www.bluewaterbuzz.org/lamosaic/malibu-mx3.htm
Last edited by MalibuMX-3 on January 18th, 2005, 1:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
CaliGirl

Post by CaliGirl »

How much $$$$ & got pix??? I live in Santa Barbara sooo its a short drive :twisted:
Primer...the color of potential
--------------------------------
1959 Chevy Apache 1/2 ton stepside 235ci

1964 Chevy Corvair 140HP

1998 Dodge Dakota 4cyl
MalibuMX-3

Photos Available

Post by MalibuMX-3 »

Photos of the car are now available. Asking price for the car is $1,500 O.B.O.
The link to the photo page is:
http://www.bluewaterbuzz.org/lamosaic/malibu-mx3.htm
MalibuMX-3

California Car. Price Lowered to $1,250 OBO

Post by MalibuMX-3 »

I got your message, but you left no info to reach you, so here's my reply.
No, there is no rust or corrosion. The car has always lived in Southern California, driven on Billiard Table smooth roads it's whole life.

Yes, it is salvaged. Crashed in 1998. Front-end damage to the body panels, no sub-frame damage at all - it was surveyed for that at the time of repair. The insurance company simply wrote it off due to it's age, and that's just what ins. company's do these days. The car wasn't trashed or anything, they simply compared the cost of repair to the value of the car. Subsequently, the check they issued was exactly for the cost of repair. The autobody company is an A+ company in Long Beach. The repair was top notch. They replaced the entire front-end from a '93. All panels (hood, fenders, bumper assembly. All lights and lenses are factory new, plus they put in a new radiator and anything else that was affected by the fender bender.) It wasn't the end of the world for this car. It drives perfect. In mid-2004, new tires were installed.

This 1-owner car is for sale, and it is priced to sell at $1,250.00 OBO. So come to California for a visit, and drive home this reliable, good looking car.
MalibuMX-3

Drive it home for $800.00

Post by MalibuMX-3 »

OK. I just bought my Mazda-3. The MX-3 has to go. It's advertised in local trader papers too. First $800.00 drives it away. It won't last.
MalibuMX-3

What $400 dollars?

Post by MalibuMX-3 »

It won't last!! I know I already said that when it was $800. But I have to sell it, or donate to charity because I haven't any space to store it for too long.
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

What happened to $400.00???
cduBBz'915

Post by cduBBz'915 »

:shock: i'm scratching my head also.. what did happened to the wonderful price of $400.00 go?? and all of a sudden a WILD jumped to $1250.00, then $800.00? WOW! :evil:
MalibuMX-3

No, the price has been reduced from $1,500 to $400

Post by MalibuMX-3 »

Nothing has changed with the car. It's still the same car. But back in December, I wasn't in too much of a hurry to sell it. But now that I bought my new Mazda-3 5 door (Sweet! ride by the way), I have to sell the car or simply donate it to charity. I don't have room to keep the car. It's gotta go this week. I've got my money's worth from driving the car for 13 pleasant years. So I'm going to either sell it for a song or give it away for a tax write off. I've had it on this board sice 12-27 with only 1 tire kicking inquiry. No time in my busy schedule to haggle with selling a used car. It's a daily driver, and it's a car that probab;y will keep running for years to come. Mazda made a very reliable car when they made the MX-3. That's why I bought it's predecessor (in my opinion) - the Mazda-3.
At $400, I guarantee it'll be sold by the end of this week.
krishna

Mx-3

Post by krishna »

if i bought it, could you hold it for a month?
92' BP
Charles-
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

hmmm, " That's why I bought it's predecessor (in my opinion) - the Mazda-3. " now, as I understand it, the mx3 began selling in 92, and has NO predecessor. You got things backwards there buddy. The only thing the same is the 3. Your headline says 400, and the posts you've made are not clear just what price you were looking for, hence that confusion. However, if I had 400 and a plane ticket and a week off, I'd be there. Oh yeah, I think the intent is to sell it soon, and not hold it any longer than necessary. and a running mx3 for 400, good price! It should be gone today! BP swap project car anyone?
Sounds like caligirl needs to get moving!
So, is it 400? or shall it go to the highest bidder?
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
MalibuMX-3

The gardener got it for $650

Post by MalibuMX-3 »

Sold it to the gardener today for $650 - that included the $50 it cost me to have it smog certified. The gardener is stoked. But I wish I could have sold it to an enthusiast who would have revived it to it's glory days once again. It would have been such a good project car with only the usual stuf one would do to an old, high mileage car anyway - drop in a rebuilt engine, get the suspension professionally rebuilt, install new C.V. joints and have the driver seat reupholstered. Oh wel, at least the low paid gardener got a sweet deal, but he has no idea what a classic the MX-3 is.
MalibuMX-3

Donate to this site if you sell something through it...

Post by MalibuMX-3 »

And oh yeah I'll see you all in another 15 years when I sell my Mazda-3.

This is a great site, I hope all of you who sell stuff through the contacts made in these forums kick back a little donation to the webmaster. He deserves it. I do web work, I know how much work it is to keep this stuff up and running smoothly. Donate to motivate.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”