won't start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cfabs54

won't start

Post by cfabs54 »

just got the new fuel pump in....tried to start the car with the lil juice it had left from the battery and the batteries dead....tried boosting it and all i hear is a clicking sound from the starter.....does the clicking mean there's something wrong with the starter or is that normal??? gonna clean all contacts..recheck fuses...then possibly buy new battery unless it could be the starter....any suggestions???
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Clicking can mean enough power in the battery to close the contactor, but not enough to turn the motor.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
cfabs54

Post by cfabs54 »

so why won't it turn over with a boost?
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Do you have the jumper cables hooked up properly...? You would be surprised how many people don't. Also, is the ground on the cables sufficient?

Invis
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Depends on the booster's vehicle, i had a guy in an s10 try to boost me, I couldnt even turn it over once..my dad brought the spare battery (which is constatly trickle charged with a solar pannel in the garage) the next day, started no problem.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”