Your input needed on turbo setup.

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Chasing_Size

Your input needed on turbo setup.

Post by Chasing_Size »

Fellas, Ladies, Gents: I need your help.

I'm currently considering building a turbo setup for my new ze that will be dropped in within a couple of months, question being is, right now I have a really good deal on a T25 Garret brand new turbo, its : .63 AR 55 trim same thing as what would go into a 95-99 Talon. My question is: Would this turbo be okay for a KLZE setup? My buddy said it will start pulling at 1500, And pull to 6000, but I'm afraid our powerband is 4800 - 7800 and that stopping at 6000 will not be worth it? I really need your input I don't wanna buy the wrong turbo and be stuck with it, None the less i'm getting it for a really really good deal...

your help appreciated!!!
Chasing_Size

re:

Post by Chasing_Size »

btw, I could care less about 1/4 times, I just wanna smoke people around my area.
What

Post by What »

you can feel it drop off on the talon before 6000... the t25 would be a crappy smalll weenie momma still makes my lunch for me and the other kids beat me up turbo for the klze.

If you size for even around 300-350hp max there are a lot of options that will give spectacular spool up time and pull to redline.

Even a properly sized t3/t4 would have very good spool on the klze and good potential.
Chasing_Size

Post by Chasing_Size »

"you can feel it drop off on the talon before 6000... the t25 would be a crappy smalll weenie momma still makes my lunch for me and the other kids beat me up turbo for the klze. "
What the f---???

Can I please get some technical response? Like honestly, I just want to know If it will make power to at least 7500. I want to have strong pull off the line, I could give a s--- about dyno results, i coudl give a s--- about quarter mile times, I just want a fast, reliable car, that wont suckup too much gas.

Anyone?
Chasing_Size

Post by Chasing_Size »

btw, the brand new garret t25 will cost me 190 from a friend.
What

Post by What »

It is as technical an answer as a question about a T25 on a KLZE deserves. Grab a brain with your responses and people who are responding to you. I've driven many DSMs. The T25 drops off after 6000rpms on a motor smaller than the KLZE. The KLZE is 2.5 litre and makes similar power to the DSM with a turbo on the DSM. The T25 will be nearly maxed out the second you put it on the KLZE. It's a blow-dryer for the 2.5 KLZE, not a properly sized turbo. The engine in the DSMs come with close to 140hp without a turbo from the 2.0L motor (with higher compression than the turbo motor). DSMs make close to 200hp turbocharged first and second gen. At even 250hp the T25 will be creating unneccessary heat and will be pretty near maxed out.

The first gen DSM 14B turbo is bigger than the T25 and at least good for closer to 300hp, but it is still a small choice for a KLZE. Properly ported on the lower hp 2.0L motor, my friends 14B was making boost around 2000rpms. Not ported, stock exhuast etc. the spool is noticeably slower of course.

In case you can't read between the lines. The T25 spools too quick on stock 2nd gen DSM and dies out too quick. It will not make power to 7500rpms or even close on the KLZE. It will spool too quick and die out too quick. I would never use a T25 turbo like that road racing, street racing, drag racing, or even dyno racing on a KLZE. The extra heat from being so fricking inefficient will kill the motor early and you will not be making the power you should in the process.

For an idea of closer to proper size for the T25 - I have used them on the 1.3 litre Suzuki Swift DOHC 4 cylinder 16 valve GTi. It spooled early 2500-3400rpm and made power to fuel cut - 7500rpm.

If you are going 'what the f--- I need a real response' over a reply about a turbo that is a bad choice and can't see what I meant by die off at 6000rpm in the first message... I suggest doing a little more research before doing your project.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

what he said
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

What wrote:It is as technical an answer as a question about a T25 on a KLZE deserves. Grab a brain with your responses and people who are responding to you. I've driven many DSMs. The T25 drops off after 6000rpms on a motor smaller than the KLZE. The KLZE is 2.5 litre and makes similar power to the DSM with a turbo on the DSM. The T25 will be nearly maxed out the second you put it on the KLZE. It's a blow-dryer for the 2.5 KLZE, not a properly sized turbo. The engine in the DSMs come with close to 140hp without a turbo from the 2.0L motor (with higher compression than the turbo motor). DSMs make close to 200hp turbocharged first and second gen. At even 250hp the T25 will be creating unneccessary heat and will be pretty near maxed out.

The first gen DSM 14B turbo is bigger than the T25 and at least good for closer to 300hp, but it is still a small choice for a KLZE. Properly ported on the lower hp 2.0L motor, my friends 14B was making boost around 2000rpms. Not ported, stock exhuast etc. the spool is noticeably slower of course.

In case you can't read between the lines. The T25 spools too quick on stock 2nd gen DSM and dies out too quick. It will not make power to 7500rpms or even close on the KLZE. It will spool too quick and die out too quick. I would never use a T25 turbo like that road racing, street racing, drag racing, or even dyno racing on a KLZE. The extra heat from being so fricking inefficient will kill the motor early and you will not be making the power you should in the process.

For an idea of closer to proper size for the T25 - I have used them on the 1.3 litre Suzuki Swift DOHC 4 cylinder 16 valve GTi. It spooled early 2500-3400rpm and made power to fuel cut - 7500rpm.

If you are going 'what the f--- I need a real response' over a reply about a turbo that is a bad choice and can't see what I meant by die off at 6000rpm in the first message... I suggest doing a little more research before doing your project.
WERD
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Chasing_Size

Post by Chasing_Size »

Thanks,

That was much better then little kids getting beaten up over lunches their mom made them, my what the f---, was a response, to your example I simply could not understand.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I think you should buy the turbo for that $190 and then turn around and sell it for a little profit. Then take that money and then some and buy a nitrous kit if your trying to make it extra quick between stop lights (not that I'm condoning street racing).
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
What

Post by What »

didn't mean to sound cryptic in my message in anyway.

You may also consider trying to size a nice twin screw supercharger...
Chasing_Size

Post by Chasing_Size »

Would this fit the bill?

T3/T4 turbo c/w 360 thrust bearing

57 trim wheel in a .60 a/r compressor housing
Stage III turbine in a .63 exhaust housing
Oil lubricated and cooled
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

t-88. nuff said.
92 MX-3 RS,
Racing Mazda turbo kit. 451 WHP @ 25 psi
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652555
rdawg000

Post by rdawg000 »

im gonna be using a t3/to4e series turbo with my klze ! a guy in my town has a klze and he has been running a t3/to4e on his klze for 2 years now with no problems!! if u want a fast spooling turbo go with a t3/to4b series turbo but i think they are only good till like 300-350hp ! a t25 is way too small for a klze!! just my .02
Chasing_Size

Post by Chasing_Size »

Is this the same thing as your suggesting though? I know this is a t3/t4 hybrid, But how can I be sure if its the t3/to4b one your talking about?

Return to “Forced Induction”