"touch"

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Damn. Driving this MX-3 for 3 years and didn't even know what it was.
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Too be honest, I dont; think I've used it either.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

But how does it work? :? Does it work at all, I mean its made out of plastic? Weird!
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

if you take off your door panel you'll see that there is a wire leading to the button that is bolted in..."touching" this when getting out of your car is supposed to ground you from static to prevent a shock when touching the metal door to close it.......i think......
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

There is a wire hooked to a ground behind the touch button. I'never used them so I took them off when I fiberglassed my door panels.
xXdaveXx

Post by xXdaveXx »

whoa so u actually have to use it everytime u get out of the car? i really never use it.. do all the cars have that??? i dont remember seeing it in another car :P...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

But the touch feels like its made of rubber, which doesn't conduct electricity, which would defeate the purpose
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i like to take chances, never use it
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

before the car was mine i used to touch it all the time....but it wasn't doing anything...I was like "man it must be broken" and i'd keep pushing it thinking a light was going to come on somewhere lol.....never been shocked...
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Oddly enough, when I first bought my MX-3 2 months ago it was zapping me every now and then for the first couple of weeks, but since then, it hasn't zapped me at all. Could it just be the result of the climate change I wonder? For all I know, it could start zapping me again in the spring when it warms back up. LOL :lol:
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

I want to use it, seeing as I get zapped every freeking time, haha

But I can't seem to bring myself to starting new habbits. I have the WORST short term memory ever. :roll:
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Oh, Chiggles, the climate does have a LOT to do with it. It zaps me every time I touch it right now because its winter, and the air is dry. (cold air is more dry than wet, because the water in the air freezes and falls to the ground)
Dry air does that to you, makes you charge easily or something.
andy

Post by andy »

11 1/2 years and still haven't used it. Must be the south Florida climate.

Andy P. 93 GS
mamoo

Post by mamoo »

Holy crap, that's brilliant. Here I was about to ask what the hell I can do about the massive buildup of static I get everytime I'm in the car -- I always get a sharp zap when I touch the outside door panel -- when I come across this thread.

I'd asked a few mechanics in the past what those "touch" things were for, and they had no frigging clue.

Solved two major mysteries at once!
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

:laugh:
'95 RS: RIP

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”