Removal of Stereo/AC Trim Panel HELP!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jpatton34

Removal of Stereo/AC Trim Panel HELP!!!

Post by jpatton34 »

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove the stereo/ac trim panel. I want to make some modifications to it or replace, but I can't take it out. I know about the two upper screws, but can't get it loose from the bottom. anyone have an illustration or diagram of this? Or step by step process on how to remove it? Thanks!!!
,¸¸,ø¤º~life_skills~º¤ø,¸¸,
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

what year is your mx? you have to remove the lower portion to get at the bolts on the upper portion on the 1994+ style.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
jpatton34

Post by jpatton34 »

It is a 93 GS.
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

there should be four screws holding the middle console that covers the ebrake in (you'll have to slide the seats to get to them) take that off, then you can take the trim off from around the shifter (mine's automatic, but it's probably the same either way) then you should take two screws out that are up by the vents, and maybe some others under the shift trim (can't remember) then you can take the stereo trim panel off. it's a lot of work just to get the one trim panel off, that's why i don't do it very often. don't forget to disconnect the lighter and bulb (bulb twists in a quarter turn to lock, the lighter should have a plug on the back that comes off) if you're still having issues let me know what it is and i'll try to figure it out.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
jpatton34

Post by jpatton34 »

I got it. That worked!! Thanks!!!! :D

Return to “Appearance”