I hate this new forum setup!!!

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.

do you like the new forum set-up?

Poll ended at January 3rd, 2005, 7:21 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 12

n_o_s_21

I hate this new forum setup!!!

Post by n_o_s_21 »

I really dislike this new forum setup. it is much more complicated to run through, harder to see new topics/replies, doesn't show any pics and is not yet linked to the mx-west page yet(says error).. I know I am not the only person who feels this way also. I am not afraid of change if it is for the better, but this isn't better in my opinion. just my 2 pennies.

Will
Team_mazdamx

Post by Team_mazdamx »

This is so much better than the old one IMO
The old one was outdated and hard to browe around
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Re: I hate this new forum setup!!!

Post by MX-3.com »

n_o_s_21 wrote:I really dislike this new forum setup. it is much more complicated to run through, harder to see new topics/replies, doesn't show any pics and is not yet linked to the mx-west page yet(says error).. I know I am not the only person who feels this way also. I am not afraid of change if it is for the better, but this isn't better in my opinion. just my 2 pennies.

Will
I am really sorry to hear that you feel so strongly about yoru dislike for this new setup.

I wouldn't say it is more complicated to run through at all.... New topics or replies, just click the link in the top right corner that says, "View posts since last visit". There you will see all the posts that have been made since you were last on the site. Can;t ask for much better then that.

What do you mean it doesn't show any pics??? If you want to show a pic in your post, just use the [img]image%20link%20here[/img] tags. If you read the FAQ or the BBCODE FAQ you would no this. Also when you post there is a simple little button to add images to your posts. If you are talking about enabling a hosting feature on the server to host your images for you, that is an option that is available. But I have chosen not to enable it. There are enough free hosting sites on the web.

The link from the MX-West page, is nothing to do with me whatsoever. I have been kind enough to host the forum foir the MX-West club, however I do not have anythign to do with the MX-West website. Maybe you shoudl contact your MX-West webmaster about that.??

Who else is not happy with this change? Out of almost 8000 registered users, I have only heard of 2 people so far that wer not happy with it. Yourself and 1 other person. Even those who had problems with there display names and there login/passwords, have not compalined, they have praised the new setup.

Sorry again to hear of your displeasure, but things change and life goes on. I can't please everyone. However I can always try.

What wold help you like this setup more? Is there anything I can do to help?
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

many boards I'm on are like this and I like it that way...email notifiaction rocks..This is the biggest part I like and the other one is view post since my last visit..this way I don't got trough the same posts again and again...IMO it's way better than the old one. thumsb up for the new board.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

I am probably finding things difficult due to the fact that I haven't had much time to explore the new system, so I will try to manuver around the site. I know you can't please everyone, so I don't mean to put you down for that. It was a real shocker to me as I came back from xmas to find a new forum. the switch was probably announced somewhere that I had overlooked. and yes there are some good ideas such as the #of views AND replies, however I did find it a bit confusing, even right now as I am typing, I only picked up that I have a new message. Before it used to flashso I could tell that and not overlook it. little things like that get to me. Like you say you can't please everyone, and I will just have to get used to the way that this is set up now. As I said before. that was my opinion, and your 8000 people to 2 stat isn't going to change my opinion.
MX-3.com
Site Administrator

Post by MX-3.com »

OK, I have to admit, only a handful of people new in advance of the switch.

I wanted to do it as a surprise, thought it would be a good gift for Xmas to the community. There has been talk of the switch for a while, as I ave started topics and threads about it before.

Maybe I should have forwarned everyone?

Regarding the Private Message issue, there are a few ways to notify you.

You can get an e-mail when you have a new private message, you will see a notification in the upper navigation bar links. And also, if you wish, you can have a popup window notifying you that you have a new Private Message. You will need to make sure that your web browser doesn't block pop-ups for this option though.

There is a mod for the forums that I may add that gives you a flashing notification of new private messages. I'll look into it.

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

At first I thought it was bad too, but I got used to it fast, since most other bulletin boards run on same platform and old one was outdated. I love this new look, its way faster running, more options, you can subscribe to forums not to miss any replies, thanks to Jeff! This board is better than ever.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Taras

Post by Taras »

:!: Hey, I just got a new PM notification. Of course a new layout will take some time to get used to. For those that visit other boards of the same layout it is pretty easy. I like the new layout, it's faster and has some pretty good features. Don't like the little buttons beside the forum names and the potential for security breaches as this is such a popular base for forums. A lot of php based forums were breached last week. Jeff, I hope that you keep backups.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Is this poll neccessary at all... No, I really don't think so. If you've got issues about new format then you should have e-mailed or PM'd Jeff about it. I'll leave it up to Jeff's discretion whether to close this poll and remove it from our forum or not.

As for linking to the forum from the MX-West site, we were unaware of Jeff changing the forum and the URL. We will be fixing the link to the forum on our end in the next day or 2 when James gets a chance. Might I suggest that you bookmark MX-3.com Forum into your favourites folder or make it your homepage.

I'm glad to see Jeff reformatted the whole forum. Change is good. Keep up the good work Jeff.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Hey Everyone!:D
I will update the MX-West links as soon as I can. My home internet has been down for the past 2 weeks so I haven't been able to upload the new Flash files. The Text links at the bottom of the MX-West site should be correct though.

Sorry for the inconvienence everyone...
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

I can clearly see that my opinions are making people cranky. I will from now on keep my comments, quesions, and tips, to myself as that would seem to keep the swarm of bees down. I commend Jeff for all the effort on building a new forum(alot of work no doubt) but if it has come down to shunning what people think around here than so be it. I am glad to have been a part of this forum, and will continue to check in to keep learning new things, but I will keep my opinions to the bare minimum. Keep up the good work though.

Will
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I love it.

Excellent work, searching is just sooo much quicker now :)

And the option to watch posts and be notified of changes, that has been missed :)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
MX-3.com
Site Administrator

Post by MX-3.com »

n_o_s_21 wrote:I can clearly see that my opinions are making people cranky. I will from now on keep my comments, quesions, and tips, to myself as that would seem to keep the swarm of bees down. I commend Jeff for all the effort on building a new forum(alot of work no doubt) but if it has come down to shunning what people think around here than so be it. I am glad to have been a part of this forum, and will continue to check in to keep learning new things, but I will keep my opinions to the bare minimum. Keep up the good work though.

Will
Will,

Just as you had your opinions, everyone else also has a right to there's.

Don't let it scare you away. As I said before, I am sorry that you don't like the change, but it was more just looks why I changed it. In m opinion, it has some features that people have been asking me to add to the old forum, and some which couldn't be done.

Also it is an easier load on the server, and easier to backup and maintain as well, from a Server Admin's point of view.

Hope you stick around,

Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I'm lovin' it!
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

i really like the new look.

thanks
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”