Having to get rid of my Mx-3

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
UKMXV6

Having to get rid of my Mx-3

Post by UKMXV6 »

Well I am very sad to say that I am going to have to get rid of my car. It has been the most fun and the best car I have driven, Even pootling along at 30mph puts a smile on your face. I have just got a new job and outside of the company the insurance is way way too much, so I am going to have to say bye bye to the car one way or the other.

What has really kicked me in the back is the price that i have been offered by traders to part ex it. One guy offered me 2000 for it :rant2: what are they on about, its a 1998 R reg with 68K miles 1.8.

I will now be selling it for 3000 private, I thought i would have got 3500 easy but now i'm not sure now. Is there no market for them or do people not know what they are about? Has anyone sold one or got an idea of a good price.

Cheers

Paul
psneddon

Re: Having to get rid of my Mx-3

Post by psneddon »

I'm sorry to hear that. I know what you mean about the insurance on them :( I paid £4000 for mine a few months ago private, a 97 V6 with 30k on the clock.

Which places did you try for an exchange, I was an Arnold Clark Mazda garage the other day and the guy said they were always looking out for them as people are always asking about them, the only had 1 for sale in the whole of the uk and they were selling that for £5000 - its was a 1.6 with 50k!! So if you try hard enough you will find someone willing to give you a good deal if the car is in top notch condition.

Paul
jollyroger1965

Re: Having to get rid of my Mx-3

Post by jollyroger1965 »

I just checked the price on the Parkers Site and part-exchange for a '97 R reg with 70K is valued at £2445. Private good condition is £3335, Poor condition £2000. Dealers price - £3645.
You really should get more than they are offering you for it. I recently bought a '96 N reg with under 65K on the clock, privately for £2000. Condition was pretty good for it's age. It's also a damn shame insurance companies charge so very much for a 130bhp car. it doesn't really make sense, does it?

Return to “European MX-3 Community”